Annihilator vs Quel'Serrar

Re: Annihilator vs Quel'Serrar

by St0rfan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:23 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
Killstick wrote:So what I am currently getting from all this:

Annihilator > not working properly so not worth it

Best option: Sell book; chip in for Sunrazor > Do you indeed never upgrade this again?
2nd best option: Keep farming for Finkle's
Get ZG sword to get def capped when needed.

If you don't have the money for a Sunrazor > get Quel. Use it while waiting for Finkle's or Bloodlords.

Selling the book and not putting it towards a tank item is a no-go since i think he got it in a (semi)-guild run and everyone passed the book for him.

I have Finkle's Skinner. I just really don't like the aesthetics of dagger tanking. Playing a bulky dwarf with a puny shiv just doesn't fit. Admittedly, it did get better when I added lifestealing and the purplish glow makes it slightly better, but I had some good hopes for Annihilator. What's the bug with it right now?

It's the age old battle of form vs function. Use daggers in raids and QS to feel pretty in the city.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aslan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:06 pm

The hypothesis was I believe, that the annihilator proc, "Chance on hit: Reduces an enemy's armor by 200. Stacks up to 3 times.", did the amount of threat of a sunder armor, which would be 390.195 (source: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Kenco's_r ... _on_threat). Well at some point with a certain procrate that would be an awesome weapon then :). Not sure if thats really the reason why ppl thought its bis
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:11 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:
Killstick wrote:So what I am currently getting from all this:

Annihilator > not working properly so not worth it

Best option: Sell book; chip in for Sunrazor > Do you indeed never upgrade this again?
2nd best option: Keep farming for Finkle's
Get ZG sword to get def capped when needed.

If you don't have the money for a Sunrazor > get Quel. Use it while waiting for Finkle's or Bloodlords.

Selling the book and not putting it towards a tank item is a no-go since i think he got it in a (semi)-guild run and everyone passed the book for him.

I have Finkle's Skinner. I just really don't like the aesthetics of dagger tanking. Playing a bulky dwarf with a puny shiv just doesn't fit. Admittedly, it did get better when I added lifestealing and the purplish glow makes it slightly better, but I had some good hopes for Annihilator. What's the bug with it right now?

It's the age old battle of form vs function. Use daggers in raids and QS to feel pretty in the city.

I don't like that one too much either. Favouring axes/maces, although swords are much better than daggers I admit.

It's the same with ranged weapons. I don't use bows. Feels too elvish and wimpy. Currently using crossbows but I'm frankly 'meh' about it. Hoping to get guns for dwarf points.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aslan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Hm im on Stofans side.. roleplay whenever you arent raiding :).
Scar - Endurance
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Aslan wrote:The hypothesis was I believe, that the annihilator proc, "Chance on hit: Reduces an enemy's armor by 200. Stacks up to 3 times.", did the amount of threat of a sunder armor, which would be 390.195 (source: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Kenco's_r ... _on_threat). Well at some point with a certain procrate that would be an awesome weapon then :). Not sure if thats really the reason why ppl thought its bis

And what's the real threat that armor shatter adds? At least here in the server.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aslan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Can only offer you this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27166&hilit=annihilator
Needless to say that I am more fond of the nay-sayers.

Dont forget, KTM only tracks what it knows if you happened to test it. It lists the threat it "thinks" you have, by adding stuff up that it was taught to do by the scripter.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Aslan wrote:Can only offer you this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27166&hilit=annihilator
Needless to say that I am more fond of the nay-sayers.

Dont forget, KTM only tracks what it knows if you happened to test it. It lists the threat it "thinks" you have, by adding stuff up that it was taught to do by the scripter.

Hmm, so it's largely foolish to try to favour this axe, and a cost of money nobody wants to pay to try it.
Guess I'm starting to farm thorium to get the arcanite to get it :D

New project selected.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aslan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:17 pm

Well the one guy who first came up with the statement that its foolish to believe in that proc was Armilius and he is kinda right, if you read the EJ post (all 3 pages) you will see how ppl had no idea what threat is even.

Rather weird that this wasnt discovered in years of private server gameplay... not saying its all discovered, by far not. But sucha big thing? the proc would have to be insane to beat alcors in rage caped situations and it would rly have to reward the sunder threat.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Warrior