Leveling, It gets better?

Re: Leveling, It gets better?

by Dr. Doom » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:49 am

Takaminara wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:Levelled 10-60 Protection warrior, so I think I can pitch in terms of levelling pain. It gets easier as you level up because dungeon loot gets better and it is more numerous.

Not a single sane person will ever level his warrior as protection.

I have known I'm insane for a fair while (in fact, this isn't the first time I level 10-60 as protection).
However I do know several other people who have done this, certainly few, but they exist, and they don't quite strike me as insane.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by St0rfan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:05 am

Dr. Doom wrote:
Takaminara wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:Levelled 10-60 Protection warrior, so I think I can pitch in terms of levelling pain. It gets easier as you level up because dungeon loot gets better and it is more numerous.

Not a single sane person will ever level his warrior as protection.

I have known I'm insane for a fair while (in fact, this isn't the first time I level 10-60 as protection).
However I do know several other people who have done this, certainly few, but they exist, and they don't quite strike me as insane.

Perhaps not insane, but completely and utterly immune to frustration.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Takaminara » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:06 pm

However I do know several other people who have done this, certainly few, but they exist, and they don't quite strike me as insane.[/quote]

Perhaps not insane, but completely and utterly immune to frustration.[/quote]

Must be this indeed, I did tank every dungeon aswell, but as fury.
I do want to have fun outside of dungeons aswell, even now I still tank my 5mans if I happen to have to go there.

I just don't see why you'd want to gimp yourself even further while leveling a warrior.
Takaminara
Grunt
Grunt

by Undertanker » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:50 am

@OP:

Struggling to kill 2 things at once that are 2 levels lower than you is normal with select green gear and the fact that your strong talents are mid way through Fury and far down Arms tree.

You should be grinding mobs 4 levels lower than you with shit gear, and try to stick to humanoid over beast as the armor difference is huge. And the humanoids will drop cloth for you to continue to bandage as you go. If you do grind on beast, be sure it is line with your cooking skills and make you level this. The free stam buff/spirit buffs from food will help.

I also recommend taking a day to back track and level herb / alch before you get to far ahead. You will have TONS of healing potions, agility potions, strength potions and armor potions to use. This will make up for the lack of blue gear and benefit you greatly later on in terms of having an income for gold and reduce cost of raiding consumables by making them yourself.

@commenters:

Suggesting somebody broke to level engineering is harsh advice that will slow them down greatly, more so than help. This option is better reserved for when you are level 60 for resistance trinkets / Force Shield / rocket boots / and a free port to gadgetzan for getting to AQ for raids fast.

Suggesting level a different class to help "speed along" leveling the class of his choice is very counter productive. You may save 2 days played on the warrior with better gear, but took 5-7 days played at best for an average player on a class that levels easily like a hunter / lock.

@OP:

Things get much easier at level 40-45 with mortal strike at 40 and each point after to 45 giving you additional crit. You will want to focus grinding on mobs 3-4 levels lower than you, as there is only a 5% exp pen per level you are higher than a mob. You get 80% of exp for something 4 levels lower, and can kill it almost twice as fast than something 1 level higher that gives 105% exp. Try to limit your travel quest, as you could kill and get exp more than a long run for a small amount of exp.

Stay strong, the payoff is worth it.

Edit: As tempting as charge is, get used to bow/gun pulling.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:24 am

Undertanker wrote:This option is better reserved for when you are level 60 for resistance trinkets / Force Shield / rocket boots / and a free port to gadgetzan for getting to AQ for raids fast.

Using that port as a way to get into raids fast sounds like a fun way to lose world buffs :lol:
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:16 pm

vido wrote:
Undertanker wrote:This option is better reserved for when you are level 60 for resistance trinkets / Force Shield / rocket boots / and a free port to gadgetzan for getting to AQ for raids fast.

Using that port as a way to get into raids fast sounds like a fun way to lose world buffs :lol:

Always have your parachute cloak on when using the port in the event that you drawl the unlucky fall from the sky outside of Gadgetzan.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by taxoro » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:00 pm

It gets better. Once you reach lvl 40 you will have a reliable spell ( HS does terrible damage and in lategame is only used to dump rage).

Here's some tips:
1. Lvl with 2hand ( fury or arms doesn't really matter too much, people say fury is better tho) until lvl 40.
2. If you are forced to pull 2 mobs at the same time, then deal damage to one, and keep running until the other one retreats. This way you can take 1 mob at the time.
3. Get guild/friends/randoms to help you with WW axe at 30( actually don't pick WW axe, it sucks. Get the sword instead). Buy the mats, kill the trolls and get someone to kill the elite for you.
taxoro
Private
Private

by TheFishyOne » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:10 pm

On my War, I can assure you that better gear makes all the difference in the world. My main is not rich, but well off enough to bankroll my War's skill training and occasional gear upgrade. If you have a 60 Main, try to work out something similar, as others have suggested. My rule-of-thumb is that if a slot is 5 or more levels behind your current level, time for an upgrade

Also, all the secondary skills are your best friend. Cooking + Fishing will save you so much money if you lack a pocket Mage to give you all the bread you can eat, and I can't tell you how many times my ass was saved while soloing by using Intimidating Shout and a bandage. =)
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hoofbeats » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:57 am

When i started my warrior leveling i know that it will be hard.
I call my my friend on this server who never played in World of Warcraft . He started holy priest and ours leveling for beginning was realy fast. When i was 30lvl i got WW axe. My spec was fury and when i got ~36lvl i swap WW to Omen from SM q for main hand and some 1h axe to offhand. On 40 i payed respec and now i'm prot warrior and leveling in the instance at the moment.
Hoofbeats
Tester

Previous

Return to Warrior