[GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants - EDITED

Re: [GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants

by Undertanker » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:10 pm

In my Mitigation set I have:

23.8% block
16.45% dodge
17.8% parry.

58.05% combined. + shield block 75% = 133.05. I am not getting crushed.

In 8 hit set, I am not getting crushed either.

22.8% block
16.70% dodge
15.8% parry.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jointed » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:18 am

Why do you rank Enchanted Thorium Breasplate over Ornate Adamantium Breastplate?

Ornate Adamantium Breastplate has 150 more armor and 1 more defense at the cost of 16 strength and 4 stamina. I don't think the strength gain and minor stamina gain is worth the cost in defensive stats; armor is king.
Jointed
Tester

by Undertanker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:16 am

I would add DMC: Mal to the aoe trinket list. Procs from Ww and cleaves which you spam in AoE > HoJ.

Also Force of will > Mark of chosen for AoR tanking, proc is up a lot and 25 damage reduction per hit on an AoE pack is strong. Still use it for Suppression room over onxyia trinket when i am grabbing all the whelps.

Paired with Blessing of Sanc, get hit for 3 to 7 damage.

DMC: Mal becomes even stronger with Vis'kag + Life Stealing.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by bdc » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:45 am

I want to throw out a thank you to st0rfan for keeping the lists and everyone else here for helping me with tanking.
Bdc-60 mage
Tootanky-60 warrior
bdc
Private
Private

Re: [GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants - EDIT

by St0rfan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:18 pm

EDIT #4 (2019-04-21): Made changes on some gear recommendations, added some and removed others due to research, more theory crafting and an over-all changes in the 1.12.1 warrior META over the last couple of years.The list in its current state has been adapted to fit 1.12.1 gearing choices. If Classic wow ends up using progressive itemization, disregard some of the items listed.

The protection META of vanilla has gone through a big shift, away from the old way of thinking about defense and the mis-guided gospel of the def-cap. This is no longer considered the main priority. Focus Lies in balancing EHP/Health pool (basically a mix of defensive stats and health) along side with a higher focus on threat capabilities
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Warrior