Prot Warrior Guide by Armilus

Re: Prot Warrior Guide by Armilus

by Armilus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Undertanker wrote:Quick tip for AoE strugglers.

If you bow pull, when waiting for mobs to come, be in Fury stance, use berserker rage > swap to Arms stance use blood rage (rage gain from items or abilities cause threat) > Thunderclap and swap to fury > you have all threat so you get hit many times due to the AoE pull, use Whirlwind > swap to Defensive stance and taunt kill target, concussion blow another that a dps is on > spam demo and cleave at the same time with a 1.3 weapon > revenge on cooldown mob with most hp lost.

This takes practice but you eventually get the hang of it. When you are comfortable with your aggro you can put Rend on mobs with high HP while spamming cleave.

17/3/31 specced and I can push about 350 dps on these types of pulls.

^ this works for most 5man runs. Once you start running 5mans with raid geared DPS, it's a lost cause but at that point, you really shouldn't have any issues. The DPS will kill things so fast that you really only have a tank on the run for bosses.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Oyani » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm

2 words:

Sunder. Armor.

/thread.
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Oyani wrote:2 words:

Sunder. Armor.

/thread.

Your mom's a thread.

Burn.
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Good thing it is starting to get cold. Should help with that burn.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Scarnavax » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:04 am

one question.

Cleave is useless as tank? we don't have any effective are threat skill unlike pala that can spam consecration and go afk... suppose in a trash are pull, how we hold agro if demo shout is bugged? challenging got terrible cd !
i was thinking something like this: start in battle stance, charge, thunderclap, go defensive (tactical mastery) +bloodrage>use demo shout+cleave

is wrong? sorry I'm new tank warrior seeking help ^_^
Scarnavax
Grunt
Grunt

by Armilus » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Scarnavax wrote:one question.

Cleave is useless as tank? we don't have any effective are threat skill unlike pala that can spam consecration and go afk... suppose in a trash are pull, how we hold agro if demo shout is bugged? challenging got terrible cd !
i was thinking something like this: start in battle stance, charge, thunderclap, go defensive (tactical mastery) +bloodrage>use demo shout+cleave

If you are tanking multiple mobs it is a good idea to open with thunderclap/bloodrage/demo shout but after that I would still prioritize shield slam, revenge and sunder armor over cleave. If you have enough rage to use cleave in addition to shield slam, revenge and sunder then do that for sure. The main thing when tanking multiple targets is to keep switching targets and make sure you are building threat on all of them, focusing on the kill target more of course.
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Scarnavax » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Armilus wrote:
Scarnavax wrote:one question.

If you are tanking multiple mobs it is a good idea to open with thunderclap/bloodrage/demo shout but after that I would still prioritize shield slam, revenge and sunder armor over cleave. If you have enough rage to use cleave in addition to shield slam, revenge and sunder then do that for sure. The main thing when tanking multiple targets is to keep switching targets and make sure you are building threat on all of them, focusing on the kill target more of course.

that is reasonable for sure
problem is dps 90% of time (hunter and mages) start aoe spam like crazy as soon as i inc so i start loosing aggro and i end up running around taking mobs everytime...

i srsly wished we got consecrations sometimes... ;/
Scarnavax
Grunt
Grunt

by Thunderstruck » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Is demoralizing shout still broken?
Thunderstruck
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Armilus » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Thunderstruck wrote:Is demoralizing shout still broken?

Nope. It's been working for a while. Sorry, I thought I had updated that already, it's fixed now in the OP.
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Armilus » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:58 pm

Updated the section on abilities to include threat per rage.

Added a section to the end of threat modifiers to talk about low-rage vs infinite rage tanking.
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior