Gearing up 'pre-PVP'

Gearing up 'pre-PVP'

by fatchicken » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:16 pm

So I was planning on gearing up a little through PVE before going into PVP, and I just wanted to know a few things about what my best option was.

Firstly, what gear pieces in PVE should I look out for that will be very useful? (Basically anything from UBRS and below.)
Would you reccomend playing as tank and asking to roll on DPS gear? Should I just go 1H fury and change back later.
OR, if possible, do you think people would be accepting of Arms DPS so I can PVP in-between dungeons and raids, and roll on gear without worrying about people complaining I'm a tank.

Thanks in advance
fatchicken
Tester

Re: Gearing up 'pre-PVP'

by Heldunder » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:59 pm

scrub tanks will cry and moan about a second warrior in a 5 man group, but dont worry too much about that. just go for +crit gear, you want 3 things for PVP , crit ap stam. everything else is irrelevant.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by fatchicken » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Heldunder wrote: crit ap stam. everything else is irrelevant.

So, is hit really not much to go for in PVP? What about Hand Of Justice, should I still go after that?
fatchicken
Tester

by Heldunder » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:38 pm

fatchicken wrote:
Heldunder wrote: crit ap stam. everything else is irrelevant.

So, is hit really not much to go for in PVP? What about Hand Of Justice, should I still go after that?

yes 100% yes, HoJ, the 2% crit trink from ony quest, pvp trinket, all great items. the polearm off rend is amazing to start off. (the proc can crit for 1k)
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by fatchicken » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Perfect! Thanks for the advice, I better start doing some rend runs. Those wrists, eyepatch and polearm are all great for crit.
fatchicken
Tester

by Heldunder » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:03 pm

fatchicken wrote:Perfect! Thanks for the advice, I better start doing some rend runs. Those wrists, eyepatch and polearm are all great for crit.

the wrist has no stam, i would aim for the sadist ones from strat live.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Lionheart, 4 pc valor, DM legs, Ice Barbed/Doomsaw/BRD axe, satyr's bow, HoJ + Blackhand's, battleborn/sadist bracer, will of the matyr, stoneskin gargoyle cape etc.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heldunder » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:13 pm

vido wrote:Lionheart, 4 pc valor, DM legs, Ice Barbed/Doomsaw/BRD axe, satyr's bow, HoJ + Blackhand's, battleborn/sadist bracer, will of the matyr, stoneskin gargoyle cape etc.

i wouldnt agree with the 4piece valor...
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Arucado » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Basically Valor set/single crit pieces plus Ice barbed spear weapon.
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by fatchicken » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Would you agree that the Death Grips from Strat UD are good because of their anti-disarm? Or should I go for another set of gloves.
fatchicken
Tester

Return to Warrior