Weapon skills from racial

Weapon skills from racial

by Aaricia » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi all,

I know we have beaten that topic to death many time. But I would really like your opinions and suggestions before taking my finale decision.

I first leveled up a NE warrior up to 41 then I read all those topics about how others races at the exception of human (on the alliance side) are gimped PVE wise once at 60 because we do not get the +5 skills for swords/maces as racial bonus.

Then I started leveling a human warrior up to lvl 36 but never spent any time on any professions on it other than first aid (223) . While my NE warrior has above 200 skills in mining,175 in herb, and cooking lvl 190.

And now, I feel like I wasted times leveling another warrior from scratch, and would spend even more hours to level up the professions I took the time to level up with my NE warrior. It is wasted time if the dps gain from sword +5 skills is like +1 or +2% more dps total in a 4 hours raid. (and like another forum-mate said in his own topic, edgemaster gauntlet is out of the question as it is way too much expensive and rare).

My question from this is :

Should I spend another week and a half to get my human warrior at same level as my NE warrior (I play only 2 to 4 hrs per night) and spend another week leveling up professions in order to have those +5 weapon skills once at lvl 60 ?

Does it really worth the effort? Or should I come back to my NE warrior level 41? Would the dps difference be marginal in dungeons such as Stratholme or UBRS ? How about ZG, MC and BWL ?

Speaking of NE warrior, if I ever become a tank at lvl 60 instead of DPSer, doesnt the +1% dodge better ? Specifically from poping up more revenges for better threat generation ? Or would the +5 weapons skill from human would generate more threat simply because I will land more successful hit?

I read alot on the topic, but no one really talked about the + 1% dodge for threat generation coming from more revenge (if it's even that relevant).

I ask the question because I'm a bit at the crossroad right now as I will need to spend my golds on the lvl 40 mount on either my Night Elf or the human. Afterward, there will be no come back possible (hard to save 90g and with no main level 60 to help).

If I would be able to play 6/8 hours a day and all weekend, I wouldnt mind getting that warrior human to lvl 60, but as my play time is limited (family requires time and I'm also playing heartstone ladder) I'm not quite sure leveling a new warrior worth it just for the +5 skills when I'm not even sure I will have a DPS spot in raids. Specifically if theory shows that +1% dodge is better for tanking... (as i said, i never read anything about +% dodge for tanking).

Thank you very much for your time and input on the topic.
Aaricia
Tester

Re: Weapon skills from racial

by Sevvy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:14 pm

If you plan to be a hardcore raider, Human is the best Alliance race. If you plan to be a hardcore PvPer, Gnome is the best Alliance race. If you plan to play casually, or all you care about is having fun, play whatever you want.
Sevvy - Gnome Warrior

Nice weapon chain, shitter.
Sevvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Sevvy wrote:If you plan to be a hardcore raider, Human is the best Alliance race. If you plan to be a hardcore PvPer, Gnome is the best Alliance race. If you plan to play casually, or all you care about is having fun, play whatever you want.

No way, if you plan to play casually, go human for the +10% rep bonus!

Edit: Seriously though, I agree with sevvy.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Amkô » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:30 am

You like hardcore requirements, don't you?

Leveling the worst pre60, or worst Solo-Class to lvl 41, and then the same lame thing to lvl36?

Respect mate ^^

As for me, I would never play NE, but your time is more worth than some racials.

I mean if you are going to be a hardcore raider, yeah then continue with your human for the extra damage.

Or just play the human as NE warrs look really like sh...^^
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Amkô wrote:You like hardcore requirements, don't you?

Leveling the worst pre60, or worst Solo-Class to lvl 41, and then the same lame thing to lvl36?

Respect mate ^^

As for me, I would never play NE, but your time is more worth than some racials.

I mean if you are going to be a hardcore raider, yeah then continue with your human for the extra damage.

NE is a decent choice for a tank aiming to do AQ40 and Naxx due to the extra dodge and extra NR. It does not in any way make or break the game though.

Personaly I would go human, as a tank or DPS.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aaricia » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Amkô wrote:You like hardcore requirements, don't you?

Respect mate ^^

LOL Thanks man! I do enjoy warrior classe alot. And I've done the same back in 2005/2006. Leveled up a UD warrior until 60 (stopped him at 67 in TBC) and did the same with a NE warrior on an PVPRPG server up to lvl 30ish (vanilla grind). So I knew what to expect on Nost. :)

St0rfan, thank you very much also for your thought on the matter. While I was waiting for some constructive replies here, I kept leveling my human (now level 37,5). Therefore for the small difference of level, I will continue with that human and will level up profession later on with the mount, it will be much easier anyways.

And as Amkô stated, the more I was playing my male NE, the more I thought he looked pretty ugly and goofy with his long arm and leg. My human femele looks awesome in her armor set with the whirlwind axe. :)

Plus, lore wise, I found no well known night elf warrior who marked Azeroth History unlike in the human, dwarf or orc factions for example. (very bad reason to reroll, but just wanted to add it in case you guys know 1 or 2 that I'm not aware of).
Aaricia
Tester

by slipry » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:46 am

if edgemasters are "too rare and expensive" u mind aswell not bother raiding

btw
slipry
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Heldunder » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:47 pm

slipry wrote:if edgemasters are "too rare and expensive" u mind aswell not bother raiding

btw

i take it thats alliance only?
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Juddy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:59 am

Heldunder wrote:
slipry wrote:if edgemasters are "too rare and expensive" u mind aswell not bother raiding

btw

i take it thats alliance only?

No, that's server wide. Horde doesn't have any good DPS save for Myroxx.
Juddy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:55 am

It doesn't matter what the fancy charts or meters say. If you don't like Human or Orc, don't roll Human or Orc. You should not care if you're above or below other people. Fun comes from liking a race you play, not humping numbers on a meter. It's not going to make or break a boss encounter either. Your raid is not going to be short sufficient damage to drop a boss because you didn't have an extra 5 weapon skill. You will kill every boss, skill or no skill, top chart or not, so what does it matter? So he dies a few seconds slower, who cares. You're never going to wipe with a boss at 1% and be like, "I should have rolled a Human, that extra skill would have won this fight." Plenty of races have fine racials for a Warrior. Elf/Tauren make good tanks, and the berserking on Troll pretty much makes up for the weapon skill, since extra hits=more rage.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Warrior