Annihilator vs Quel'Serrar

Annihilator vs Quel'Serrar

by Killstick » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:01 pm

I have a friend who is using Hedgecutter. So regular blue tanking item.
He has cleared ZG so has a chance of getting Bloodlord's Defender.

He had Quel'Serrar drop and is planning on completing it. I was wondering if, in light of the above, he wouldn't be better of selling it and getting Annihalator.
He will eventually (fingers crossed) get the defender and could use Annihalator once he gets def capped without it or for specific fights.

Het got the foror's to drop and he is going to get one or the other. So get Quel'Serrar or sell book for Annihalator?
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Annihilator vs Quel'Serrar

by Vanill » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:30 pm

Annihilator has been tested and isn't worth it on this server. The only real way to go is to get Alcor's
Vanill
Private
Private

by Aslan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Get finkles skinner if you dont have fang of venoxis and cant afford alcors sunrazor and wait for the defender. For the few fights that dont require you to do any threat, you dont need an immediate solution, its really just niché tanking to trade off threat generation for damage mitigation.
Both QS and Defender also kinda suck as low rage weapons due to low dps, so you couldnt even rly use them for that even. Wouldnt focus on that specifically aswell... as said, just for fights like majordomo boss tanking.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by St0rfan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:01 pm

Killstick wrote:I have a friend who is using Hedgecutter. So regular blue tanking item.
He has cleared ZG so has a chance of getting Bloodlord's Defender.

He had Quel'Serrar drop and is planning on completing it. I was wondering if, in light of the above, he wouldn't be better of selling it and getting Annihalator.
He will eventually (fingers crossed) get the defender and could use Annihalator once he gets def capped without it or for specific fights.

Het got the foror's to drop and he is going to get one or the other. So get Quel'Serrar or sell book for Annihalator?

Sell it, save some more money, get an Alcors and never upgrade his tank weapon again.

Or get Quel'Serrar, because its pretty but not that useful.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Asland..... why do you hate on Quel? Bad dps weapon? It has a much better damage range than Defender.

Practical application of Quel: BWL Nef.

You are forced to use a non def cloak and still need to stam stack as much as possible.

After first 10 seconds maybe 15 of this fight (using Alcorz) swap to Quel as the buff is almost always up, and will allow you to be crit immune with ony cloak on.

If you ever see a dps creep up KTM, swap back to alcoz for a few moments, said dps's cooldowns will be over and threat normalized again to swap back to Quel.

Only pure tank weapon currently out that does more damage (excluding TF) is Spineshatter, which with such slow speed is for offtanking, and world farming/pvp for big hits.

If your friend isnt gonna be the main tank, he can save his money, but dont down play the swords value, even if its application is best for few fights.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:54 am

Vanill wrote:Annihilator has been tested and isn't worth it on this server. The only real way to go is to get Alcor's

Blizzlike situation or particular Nostalrius situation?

I was interested in this axe. I got the plans to drop for me, and though I'm an armorsmith, not an axesmith, I was looking into trading the pattern to a colleague with the right spec, in hope of getting it crafted without a fee on top of mats. Read that the debuff, armor shatter does stack with sunder armor.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Killstick » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:20 am

So what I am currently getting from all this:

Annihilator > not working properly so not worth it

Best option: Sell book; chip in for Sunrazor > Do you indeed never upgrade this again?
2nd best option: Keep farming for Finkle's
Get ZG sword to get def capped when needed.

If you don't have the money for a Sunrazor > get Quel. Use it while waiting for Finkle's or Bloodlords.

Selling the book and not putting it towards a tank item is a no-go since i think he got it in a (semi)-guild run and everyone passed the book for him.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aslan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:27 am

I dont hate on QS, I just believe in low rage tanking, rage capped tanking and tanking when you watch def > threat because else you cant beat the encounter. Like the only fight that doesnt equire you to do much threat is bosstanking majordomo, or eventually some add that dies in 10 sec and you just chain taunt-mockingblow it. Whats the deal with complete defcap also... I mean its not like you need it for that many encounters. Also if 10 sec of alcors will do in your guild, either the fury/locks dont complain or they are just shit. I guess qs isnt the worst low rage weapon (means you cant HS anyway) because the dps overall that leads to rage and threat gain is 52 ish from the weapon itself. But not the golden one either.

Thought you upgrade alcors with the hungering cold from kelthuzad if that counts, also wasnt fang of venoxis like 0.1 tps better than finkles? Dont have the exact numbers in my head atm.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by St0rfan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:39 am

Aslan wrote:I dont hate on QS, I just believe in low rage tanking, rage capped tanking and tanking when you watch def > threat because else you cant beat the encounter. Like the only fight that doesnt equire you to do much threat is bosstanking majordomo, or eventually some add that dies in 10 sec and you just chain taunt-mockingblow it. Whats the deal with complete defcap also... I mean its not like you need it for that many encounters. Also if 10 sec of alcors will do in your guild, either the fury/locks dont complain or they are just shit. I guess qs isnt the worst low rage weapon (means you cant HS anyway) because the dps overall that leads to rage and threat gain is 52 ish from the weapon itself. But not the golden one either.

Thought you upgrade alcors with the hungering cold from kelthuzad if that counts, also wasnt fang of venoxis like 0.1 tps better than finkles? Dont have the exact numbers in my head atm.

The hungering cold is indeed the only contender to Alcors, and TF is the only replacement.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:12 pm

Killstick wrote:So what I am currently getting from all this:

Annihilator > not working properly so not worth it

Best option: Sell book; chip in for Sunrazor > Do you indeed never upgrade this again?
2nd best option: Keep farming for Finkle's
Get ZG sword to get def capped when needed.

If you don't have the money for a Sunrazor > get Quel. Use it while waiting for Finkle's or Bloodlords.

Selling the book and not putting it towards a tank item is a no-go since i think he got it in a (semi)-guild run and everyone passed the book for him.

I have Finkle's Skinner. I just really don't like the aesthetics of dagger tanking. Playing a bulky dwarf with a puny shiv just doesn't fit. Admittedly, it did get better when I added lifestealing and the purplish glow makes it slightly better, but I had some good hopes for Annihilator. What's the bug with it right now?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to Warrior