Chromag TPS Wonky?

Chromag TPS Wonky?

by Basics11 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:20 am

Our last two kills on Chromag I've experienced some strange TPS issues during the initial phase of the fight. Typically after the 2nd breath I'm able to have our shaman drop GoA because my threat is already substantial. Our last two kills however, I've encountered threat generating at a fraction of the rate it seems, maybe half? I end up having to weapon swap a few times before it gets normalized again (it isn't the white swing non-attack bug either).

Has anyone else experienced this as of late?
Basics11
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Chromag TPS Wonky?

by Monga » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:27 pm

It's a target bug of some sort, I'm not sure but i think it has to do with targetting the boss when he walks out of his gate. The problem is that your white swings and heroic strikes does not register any damage output or threat, might be other abilities aswell.

What you should do is, hit one shield slam, press escape to drop target, retarget and it will work.
Monga
Grunt
Grunt

by Undertanker » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:07 pm

This targeting bug isn't just on Chromag, I've had it happen a few times, I've had OTs have this happen as well on him and other bosses.

I've had it happen in world when soloing and in 5 mans.

I double tab escape, resume tanking. The trick is identifying it early when it happens.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:29 pm

That's good to find out here than on a raid night when the boss runs after a mage on raid night because of the bug.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Chromag should be fought the first 2 breaths with two tanks at top of threat meter in the event one breath is a Time laps, if a mage is pulling, you got dumb mage issues.

Regardless if you bug happens or not, the other thank should be there, and you should identify the bug fast enough to double escape and continue tps.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Warrior