AnthonyK0's Warrior Leveling Guide

AnthonyK0's Warrior Leveling Guide

by AnthonyK0 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:16 am

Hello and welcome to "AnthonyK0's Warrior Leveling Guide"!
Now just a little of information before I go further into my guide, I want you to know that I'm not trying to sell this as "the best guide ever for warrior leveling do this or you scrub kid. get gud and do wut i say!" No I'm just
presenting you with what I personally find to be the most effective way(s) for me to level, so please enjoy and provide me with constructive criticism!

Contents
Part I - Race
Part II - Spec/Build
Part III - Proffessions
Part IV - Random Information

Part I - Race
Now I am not someone who tries to sell the whole "be this race or your bad" type thing, but I will go over the pro's and cons of each race for both factions.

Alliance:

Human

Stealth detection: Only really good if your on a PvP server, or plan to PvP. Otherwise it's not something to keep in mind too much.
Increased Spirit: The increase of 5%(correct me if I'm wrong) spirit isn't a dramatic increase and considering spirit isn't a stat you are most likely going to go for this isn't to be considered too much. THOUGH it does help with downtime!
Bonus Rep: This right here would make rolling a Human 100% worth it IMO, if your someone who hates rep grinds (like me) but loves the rewards (like me) then this helps a lot. right here this is a game changer, not anything game breaking, but definately worth considering.
Skill with Swords and Maces: Talk about HITting the mark am I right! Haha, but seriously this is a nice addiction if you plan to roll swords/maces, but for leveling this isn't too much worth it since about 50% of your levels your using 2 weapons that are NOT Swords or Maces, but for end game it is a nice addiction.

Dwarf

Stoneform - great for PvP or those pesky PvE fights with lots of poison.
Gun skill - Just... whatever.
Frost Resist - Naxx?
Treasure Finding - Chests!!!

Night Elf

Shadowmeld - Be a plate wearing Rogue :P
Dodge Chance - extra 1% damage mitigation is always helpful!
Wisp - move fast while dead (great for people who are bad and need to "get gud kid" like me)
Nature Resist - if you hate poison (like me) then you will love this... usually.

Gnome (First off just don't but ok here we go)

Escape artist - great for PvP...?
Increased intelect - cool learn weapon skills that otherwise would have no problem getting up without this faster.
Arcane Resist - ok? you're still a puntible little crap.
Increased Engineering - Yay you can get your grenades slightly faster!

Horde:

Orc (Horde version of human in my eyes haha xD)

Enrage - GREAT for DPS, but not for tanking.
Stun Resist - Helpful, 25% helpful to be presice.
Pet Damage- cuz trust me your warrior pets are what carry you even until Naxx!
Axe SKill - Yup your WW axe now is even scarier >:) MAKE THOSE TINY GNOMES COWER IN FEAR WITH YOUR SLIGHTLY BETTER HIT CHANCE!

Undead (other than the fact your a friggin Zombie, here are some... things)

Fear Immune - great for PvP and PvE situations
Consume Corpse - GREAT for saving money off of food!
Underwater breath - helpful?
Shadow Resist - I don't know crap about resists so here you go 5 shadow resist.

Tauren (you are going to tank just accept your fate you stupid cow)

Stomp - helpful, very helpyful in both PvE and PvP
Extra 5%? HP - just yes this makes you a tank accept it (vanilla logic)
Herb increased - cuz ya know who doesn't like smoking that peaceblossom man
Nature resist - yeah here.

Troll (and not the creative ones either >.>)

Bezzzzerrrrkkk! - You attack fast.
Regen increased - cool you regen faster!
PvB(player vs beasts) - let those fowl Rabbits know who to fear >:)
your bow and throwing weapon skill is better- yeah just yeah.

Part II - Spec/Build
Now before I go into this I want you all to know these are the 3 specs I like to use for leveling, they aren't perfect, but hey I like them!

2H Fury

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LbhxbIbZVVucMxoVo

Fury Tree
10>14 - 5/5 Cruelty
15>19 - 5/5 Unbridled Wrath
20 - Piercing Howl
*21>23 - Imrpoved Cleave
24 - Imp. Battle Shout
25>29 - Enrage
30 - Death Wish
31>32 - Imp. Execute
33>34 - Imp. Battle Shout
35>39 - Flurry
40 - Bloodthirst

*You can do what you want with these 3 points, I put them into Imp. Cleave for the better AoE, feel free to put them anywhere :)

Arms Tree
41>43 - Imp. Rend
44>45 - Imp. Hero. Strike
46>50 - Tactical Mastery
51>53 - Deep Wounds
54>55 - Imp. Overpower
56>57 - Impale
*58>60 - 2H Spec

*At this point I like to respec to my main role spec, but that is all up to you.

Spells I prioritize buying first(in no particular order): Rend, Bat. Shout, Hero Strike, Cleave, Execute, Charge, Overpower, Bloodthirst

2H Arms

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LbGxbAio0zVVziM

Arms Tree
10>11 - Imp. Hero. Strike
12>14 - Imp. Rend
15>19 - Tact. Mastery
20>21 - Imp. Overpower
22>24 - Deep Wounds
25>26 - Impale
27>29 - 2H Spec
30 - Sweeping Strikes
31>35 - Axe Spec.
36>37 - 2h Spec.
38>39 - Imp. Charge OR Deflection (you can do what you want with these points)
40 - Mortal Strike

Fury Tree
41>45 - Cruelty
46>50 - Unbridled Wrath
*51>60 - Do whatever you want with these points

*At this point I like to respec to my main role spec, but that is all up to you.

Spells I prioritize buying first(in no particular order): Rend, Bat. Shout, Hero Strike, Cleave, Execute, Charge, Overpower, Mortal strike

DW Fury

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LbhxbhbZVVzmgxoVo

Fury Tree
10>14 - 5/5 Cruelty
15>19 - 5/5 Unbridled Wrath
20 - Piercing Howl
21>24 - Imp. Bat. Shout
25>29 - DW Spec
30>34 - Enrage
35 - Deathwish
36>39 - Flurry
40 - Bloodthirst

Arms Tree
41>43 - Imp. Rend
44>45 - Imp. Hero Strike
46>50 - Tact. Mastery
51>52 - Imp. Overpower
53>55 - Deep Wounds
56>57 - Impale
*58>60 - Do what you want

Spells I prioritize buying first(in no particular order): Rend, Bat. Shout, Hero Strike, Cleave, Execute, Charge, Overpower, Bloodthirst

Part III Proffessions
I'm going to reccomend the proffesions I like to take and why, then I will go over other alternatives and why I would choose them. I won't necessarily go over all of the proffessions but I may go over a good bit. Also I reccommend getting First Aide up at least, but all 3 secondaries would be best.

Mining and Engineering
The reason I take these two is because I love the grenades/dynamite engineering gives you. They are great for tanking and AoE pulling.

Mining and Blacksmithing
The reason I would take this is because of the luxary of making gear at max level.

Mining and Skinning
This is great if you don't know what proffesion your going to get, you can sell all your skins and save your ores/rocks/gems or you can sell everything and make more cash.

Mining and Herb
Pretty much same thing as M&S but instead you may save Herb instead of mining for Alch.

Skin and Herb
This is a great combo if you want some money from skinning and saving herbs for Alch or even just an alternative to M&S/M&H.

Herb and Alch
You can make potions, which are amazing for a warrior while leveling and allows you to make some small cash/potions and stuff for end game if you want.

Enchanting
This is good to take with any other proffesion as it just requires you to Disenchant and enchant random pieces.

Other Proffesions
Tailoring and Leatherworking aren't as interesting to me so I tend to stray away from them.

Part IV - Random Information
This part is for any kind of random information/tips and any others I may add.

1. For now the only tip I have is to make sure you do your class quest for your Whirlwind Axe (The Islander) I believe is the name of the quest that starts the chain.

Thanks for reading my guide and I hope I helped you even the smallest amount!

-AnthonyK0
AnthonyK0
Tester

Re: AnthonyK0's Warrior Leveling Guide

by AnthonyK0 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:16 am

Reserved
AnthonyK0
Tester

by St0rfan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:06 am

Having written a few guides myself I thought I would give you some feedback.

1. Ditch the sarcastic and ironic comments. They dont add anything of value to the guide and only make it a cumbersome read. Guides should comprise as much information as possible, in as few words as possible.

2. Better formating and some color coding.

3. Weapon skill is basically worthless when lvling.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by itwasfree » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:55 pm

To build off Storfan's always excellent advice:

1. You left out the most important professions in the game for a warrior, cooking & first aid.

2. You shouldn't go over every single racial in the game. Stick to ones that will be relevant to a warrior. For example, don't mention profession bonuses or bow/gun skill, but do mention quality-of-life things like underwater breathing/cannibalism. Resistances are up for debate (I would never choose a race for it, but it's a nice bonus.)

3. You should give some (concise) thoughts on the leveling builds you present. The pro/cons and playstyle to help a player choose between the three options. [I'd also caution against DW fury as a leveling build, but that's an argument for another thread.]

4. Eliminate personality. People aren't reading your guide to be entertained/get to know you. They want information. Thins like this: "Now I am not someone who tries to sell the 'be this race or your bad' type thing, but I will go over the pro's and cons of each race for both factions." add nothing to the guide. Also, it's "you're bad".

PS. Run your build through spellcheck.
itwasfree
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DanielGames » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:06 pm

If you're gonna add a macro section, I used this macro on my troll warrior:

Code: Select all
/cast Berserking(Racial)
/use Major Healthstone
/use Greater Healthstone
/use Healthstone
/use Lesser Healthstone
/use Minor Healthstone
/use Major Healing Potion
/use Combat Healing Potion
/use Superior Healing Potion
/use Greater Healing Potion
/use Healing Potion
/use Lesser Healing Potion
/use Minor Healing Potion

Normal macros can't fit that much text so this is a SuperMacro. However, simply reducing the amount of healthstones and healing pots will make it usable as a normal macro. How it works is the first press will use your racial and the next key presses will use healthstone and healing pot. I rarely use my racial on cd, rather I save it for when I'm low health for maximum benefit when it'll count. Also, this macro will skip straight to the healing items if you use it below 5 rage.
Zouleika - Troll Warrior "Requests curse of reck and tanks with a 2hander? I like this guy"
Gerwulf - Horde Paladin "Where the fuck you been?"
DanielGames
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Heldunder » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:07 pm

also post the end game stats of each race, unbuffed. as they were all different in vanilla.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warrior