Which is the best PvP race on horde?

Which is the best PvP race on horde?

by Mryul » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:20 am

Please be specific in why you think so. thanks!
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Which is the best PvP race on horde?

by vido » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:37 am

Orc, the stun resist is too good vs HoJ/KS. The racials are all pretty good though tbh, you honestly can't go wrong with any race.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mryul » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:10 am

I can't choose between Tauren, Orc or Undead. I have the feeling Orc might be best for what I want to do, but I prefer the animations, etc of the Undead much more. I even think the Tauren has better animations and feel to it. I'm pretty torn between them. I would like to do decently in PvE but be very good in group PvP.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:19 am

Well I'd rank it Orc>=Tauren>UD/Troll in terms of pvp racials.

In PvE axe spec isn't that great if you look at the long term, since swords>axes. There simply aren't any good axes in game apart from DB, EoC, Doom's, Hatchet, and they're all outclassed by swords in their respective tiers. Of course rogues will get priority on swords in most guilds, but in the end orcs won't have any advantage.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by thenuclearwalrus » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:30 am

vido wrote:Well I'd rank it Orc>=Tauren>UD/Troll in terms of pvp racials.

In PvE axe spec isn't that great if you look at the long term, since swords>axes. There simply aren't any good axes in game apart from DB, EoC, Doom's, Hatchet, and they're all outclassed by swords in their respective tiers. Of course rogues will get priority on swords in most guilds, but in the end orcs won't have any advantage.

+Weapon skill has no effect in pvp except to provide a very slight Crit chance increase, you always have a 5% chance to miss another player in melee regardless of weapon skill or defense.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nothing » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:39 am

Orc...Not a tough choice when it comes to racial stats :P Depends on what you like the look of really. Racial stats won't give you an edge if the other player(s) are good enough. But if you wanna PvP, go Orc.
Nothing
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mryul » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:00 pm

How much better are Orcs in PvP than Tauren and Undead?
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lingon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Tauren is the best if you have a team of healers behind you, since you are so big.
No really, for shitting on pug BGs it matters.

Orc is better when you have dispells on your side, since they can remove CC and stuns will be the only thing still limiting you.

UD is probably best for open world 1v1, but for that you wouldn't pick a warrior anyway.
Lingon
Grunt
Grunt

by Heldunder » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:27 pm

warstomp is sooooo big in pvp. i use it almost on cooldown in pvp
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mryul » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:28 pm

the 5% bonus hp on tauren scales with gear?
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Warrior