Arms warrior BiS PVP.

Arms warrior BiS PVP.

by jeevzie » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:45 pm

I am close to hitting 60 on my warrior and i will be playing arms pvp endgame most likely, however i am open ot sugestions. I have looked around for what is BiS for arms pvp wise but am not having much luck with and results. any input is greatly apreciated, aswell as thaughts or comments concerning warrior pvp Spec wise i.e Fury / Arms regarding practicality of the specs and being able to raid with them if need be, i am currently leveleing as Fury 2h and have done no spec switches to day. many thanks - Jak
jeevzie
Tester

Re: Arms warrior BiS PVP.

by Heldunder » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:23 pm

jeevzie wrote:I am close to hitting 60 on my warrior and i will be playing arms pvp endgame most likely, however i am open ot sugestions. I have looked around for what is BiS for arms pvp wise but am not having much luck with and results. any input is greatly apreciated, aswell as thaughts or comments concerning warrior pvp Spec wise i.e Fury / Arms regarding practicality of the specs and being able to raid with them if need be, i am currently leveleing as Fury 2h and have done no spec switches to day. many thanks - Jak

honestly theres like 3 really good topics on this already
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Novin » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Heldunder wrote:
jeevzie wrote:I am close to hitting 60 on my warrior and i will be playing arms pvp endgame most likely, however i am open ot sugestions. I have looked around for what is BiS for arms pvp wise but am not having much luck with and results. any input is greatly apreciated, aswell as thaughts or comments concerning warrior pvp Spec wise i.e Fury / Arms regarding practicality of the specs and being able to raid with them if need be, i am currently leveleing as Fury 2h and have done no spec switches to day. many thanks - Jak

honestly theres like 3 really good topics on this already

Really? I searched the entire warrior section of the forums and found only two threads.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22955&p=157614&hilit=arms+pvp+bis#p157614
This one only lists BIS, real BIS, like end game pve and R14 BIS. Not very useful for 99% of people.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26959&hilit=arms+pvp+bis
This one only mentions pvp trinket.

Maybe i'm terrible at searching, but i haven't found such resource you mention.
All the stickied threads are about Fury/Prot PVE.
That's not very helpful.

Let me know if there is a better resource please.
Novin
Private
Private

by vido » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:32 pm

Those lists are all outdated too. Getting some decent blue gear for pvp doesn't require much effort anymore with the new patches. I can make a quick list I guess:

Head: Lionheart Helm
Neck: Will of the Martyr, Mark of Fordring
Shoulder: Abyssal/of striking
Chest: Zandalar Vindicator's, Runed Bloodstained, Darksoul, Chromatic Flight, Valor
Bracer: T1, Valor, R4, battleborn, sadist
Gloves: Stronghold, Death grips, Reiver Claws, Voone's
Belt: Preserved Heads, omokk's, handcrafted mastersmith's
Legs: Abyssal/of striking, Cloudkeeper's, Valor
Boots: Sapphiron's Scale, Valor, Master Cannoneer, Ribsteel
Ring 1: Blackstone
Ring2: Don Julio, Myrmidon's, Painweaver, Ogre King
Trink: HoJ, Blackhand's, Rune, PvP trink, Reflectors/net etc.
Ranged: Satyr's bow, Gorewood, Riphook, Blackcrow
2h: Zin'rokh, TuF, Halberd of Smiting, Ice barbed, Barbarous Blade, Doomsaw, Caer Darrow, Dreadforge

Strat UD first boss drops a shield, or alternatively UBRS general. Dal'rends/frostbite/stormstrike hammer are good options for a 1h.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lingon » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:28 pm

So I don't remember, is the Hit% goal for PvP 4 or 5? Some posts indicate there's always a 1% miss chance, meaning 4% would be enough (might be spellhit?).
Make sure you get Minor Run speed enchant on your boots (at least until you can get the AB rep ones).
Epic mount is really important, would probably rate it higher than all BoEs except Lionheart.
In general, get items with both stamina and offensive stats on them - you'll want at least 4,5k unbuffed to have a comfortable buffer even when getting heals.

Pre-Raid Weapon prio: (TUF)>Arcanite Reaper>Blackhand Doomsaw>Barbarous Blade. Other pre-raid weapons doesn't really compare, but Ice Barbed Spear will carry you to TUF if you try hard enough.
The DM legs are good in addition to what vido posted.
Lingon
Grunt
Grunt

by vido » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:55 pm

5% is the cap with 300 weapon skill (In BGs your wep skill is always max), though some people might wear an odd piece of +def gear which would raise your hit cap against them by 0.04% per def point.
Last edited by vido on Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by slipryy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:53 am

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... &itemset=3

u want 9stam on bracers instead of strength and 100hp on legs instead
neck can be zg neck instead
slipryy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:04 pm

If you're gonna min/max the BiS, then you'd replace a few things: t2>Berserker Bracers, Master Dragonslayer>Don Julio's // Dragonslayer>Eshkander's Collar, Heartstriker>Blastershot, and Dragon's Blood>Eshkander's Pelt with +5 resist enchant. Crit is overvalued a lot in PvP, unless you're using world buffs and/or consumeables the items I mentioned are all straight upgrades. There are also situations where you don't need so much stamina, items like Eye of hakkar and BRE come to mind.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zetox » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:25 pm

vido wrote:If you're gonna min/max the BiS, then you'd replace a few things: t2>Berserker Bracers, Master Dragonslayer>Don Julio's // Dragonslayer>Eshkander's Collar, Heartstriker>Blastershot, and Dragon's Blood>Eshkander's Pelt with +5 resist enchant. Crit is overvalued a lot in PvP, unless you're using world buffs and/or consumeables the items I mentioned are all straight upgrades. There are also situations where you don't need so much stamina, items like Eye of hakkar and BRE come to mind.

You mean 'Min-Max Stats' ceteris paribus?

'Bis" = Best in Slot is a term that can defined many ways depending on what u value. Some value Stam, Crit, AP dependent upon 'how' you want to play your character and which environment u want to excel at.

If we're talking as I mentioned, T2 > Berserker (by 2), Dragonslayer > Collar (by 1), Heartstriker < Blaster (by 5), and Pelt > Blood (by 9). So you'd then want to use, T2, Dragonslayer, Blaster, and Pelt.

MDR vs DJB is a dependant on your current gear how the crit/hit will change values. Assuming BIS right now, MDR, but soon DJB will be better as crit scales better.

I"m in the midst of deciding what to value for DW PvP atm, but as this is Vanilla WoW. You'll come up to a variety of situations where static damage wins (ap), burst wins (crit), or outlasting wins (stam.) Also, notice the converse relationship between AP and Crit, if you have more AP your crits will be more resulting in more burst; with more Crit; you'll be less critting for less hence less burst. So comparing these you'll have to look at them on a balancing scale and decide the parameter of time on which you're construing your character.

The journey and adventure of deciding how you want to play your character is 'THE adventure'; it's the same with life. How do you want to value certain things?

Anyways all I'm saying is conflating evaluation of stats can dismissively pass negligence to others about the veracity of the term best. How do you evaluate that? Explore and find out! Discovery can sometimes be far more satisfying. Well I'd start by talking to the people who are actually 'doing' the best.

Sometimes theory can only go so far, cheers!
Zetox
Sergeant
Sergeant

by vido » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:33 pm

What I meant is that it's BiS in regard to the general stat priorities that most people have here on the boards i.e. stam>str and evaluating crit vs. ap. I tried to provide some alternatives in my post, though you make a good point.

Btw, it's impossible for DJB to scale better than MDR (in term of DPS alone, ignoring the 3 stam difference) unless you're stacking world buffs and consumeables. Also it's worth noting in this case that AP will give you more burst potential rather than stacking crit which is something that spreadsheets don't take into account for example.

Edit: you mention that crit gives you more burst and ap sustained, when the case is actually the opposite. Taking it to extremes, imagine someone with 100% crit and 50 dps, then compare it to someone with 91 dps and 10% crit. Who's going to have larger burst?
Last edited by vido on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Warrior