Rage of Mugamba vs The Eye of Hakkar

Rage of Mugamba vs The Eye of Hakkar

by Cordag » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:51 pm

Basically, I managed to get a BRE last week. Now I've been wondering if I should opt for the rage of mugamba or the eye of hakkar when i comes to pve (considering the fact that i'm currently using r12 gloves aswell). Both fully world buffed vs no buffs situations are of importance to me.

Thanks in advance
Cordag
Tester

Re: Rage of Mugamba vs The Eye of Hakkar

by Undertanker » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:12 pm

Rage of Mugamba. Has stam, str to make up for the AP loss, and gets your hamstrings down to 5.

That 5 hamstring isn't something you see on a spreadsheet when you consider the "what ifs" how many times did somebody get away from you because you needed another white hit to get a hamstring? What if you already had a hamstring on them and it kept you from kiting. Earning just 1 white hit extra in any situation because you were able to get more up-time on somebody is > than 20 something more AP and a crit.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:26 pm

If you translate the saved rage into heroic strikes, then it's something in the ballpark of the dps you would gain from 0.5% crit. If it's translated into more hamstrings then you can double that figure, if it's BT/WW then you can double that again.

If it's for pve (especially with world buffs), eye of hakkar is a better option. For pvp it would amount to roughly 0.2 rage per second so lets say around 5-7dps if it translates into the damage per rage of MS. It's pretty insane though if you're chasing a druid flag carrier.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heldunder » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:37 pm

realistically if youre fully buffed you wont have any rage startvation issues. youll be better off with dps gear instead of Hamstring gear in that regard.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:42 pm

.... If you are fully buffed..... DO YOU BG, Brah?

@OP A better option over Eye would be Eshand's Collar from Onxyia.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:40 pm

What I'm trying to say is that in a lot of cases there are better options than rage of mugamba in pvp. However if you have a WF totem by your side for example, it's a pretty insane neck since you should be fishing for WF procs by spamming hamstring with whatever free globals or extra rage that you might have.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zetox » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:24 pm

random thoughts in 1 min. I'd say depends on ur gear/spec/faction. It's much better for Horde than aliance as mentioned because spamming hamstring is only useful for things that proc. That being said; in pvp situations ''IF'' you're not likely to get a heal stam wins fights. Even though in Premade games having a few hundred extra health can mean life or death when you're getting casted on for 2k+ every second...gaining dps in pvp at the cost of extra health is always a gamble. You can do more in pvp with more stam at times; and at others when ur popping cds having more crit/ap wins.

HF!
Zetox
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Heldunder » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:51 pm

Undertanker wrote:.... If you are fully buffed..... DO YOU BG, Brah?

he's talkign about pve in the op... in pve the eye beats eshand collar hands down. for pvp, you want mugamba.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:55 pm

Heldunder wrote:
Undertanker wrote:.... If you are fully buffed..... DO YOU BG, Brah?

he's talkign about pve in the op... in pve the eye beats eshand collar hands down. for pvp, you want mugamba.

Oh shit, the whole time I was advising PVP.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Warrior