BiS PvE weapons

Re: BiS PvE weapons

by Nothing » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Problazer wrote:Anyone want to come tank for my guild so I can go fury? :p

Go Fury anyway. There seems to be a lack of fury warriors in guild recruitment.
Nothing
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by milliondollar » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:19 pm

As a human there is only one way to go ! Farm that mighty hammer called Ironfoe! OH You can use a stat stick until AQ opens and you can get Anusibath Warhammer. Those weapons will last you until naxx (Ironfoe will need some world buffing + consumables to scale)
milliondollar
Grunt
Grunt

by Forest » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:50 pm

For orcs (+5 Axe skill):

CTS / Maladath (304 swords)
Crul / Doom's Edge (305 Axes)

For humans (+5 Sword skill):

CTS / Maladath (309 Swords)
ZG MH / ZG OH (311 Swords)
Maladath / ZG OH (309 Swords)
Crul / Corehound Tooth with Edge Master's (307 Axes/Daggers)
Viskag / Maladath (309 Swords)
Crul / Doom's Edge with Edge Master's (307 Axes)
Viskag / ZG OH (305 Swords)

If you rolled any other race except for Orc or Human for fury you fucked up.
Forest
Sergeant
Sergeant

by vido » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:26 pm

The orc axe racial horde side isn't all that. There's only a couple of good axes throughout all of vanilla content.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Forest » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:02 pm

vido wrote:The orc axe racial horde side isn't all that. There's only a couple of good axes throughout all of vanilla content.

Yet another reason for Alliance or bust. Human master race!
Forest
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Undertanker » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:56 am

vido wrote:I doubt that a TF can end up better than a CTS/Vis'kag even if you were to use it, since the proc rate is only around 15% on nost. Hakkar set is a very good combo for single target stuff like chromag and flamegore, it's definitely a pretty decent alternative until you get CTS/Vis'kag + Mala.

Proc rate was fixed to 25% mid February.

And the damage is counted as white damage on this server and does effect the damage range of abilities and "Can" help push the thresh hold of getting an additional point of rage per white hit - depending on where your damage is.

IE: if 100 - 150 white hit gives 4 rage, 151-200 gives 5, so on depending on your AP you MIGHT get another rage per white hit.

^^ not actual numbers, just an example with even splits for understanding purposes.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:49 am

Undertanker wrote:
vido wrote:I doubt that a TF can end up better than a CTS/Vis'kag even if you were to use it, since the proc rate is only around 15% on nost. Hakkar set is a very good combo for single target stuff like chromag and flamegore, it's definitely a pretty decent alternative until you get CTS/Vis'kag + Mala.

Proc rate was fixed to 25% mid February.

And the damage is counted as white damage on this server and does effect the damage range of abilities and "Can" help push the thresh hold of getting an additional point of rage per white hit - depending on where your damage is.

IE: if 100 - 150 white hit gives 4 rage, 151-200 gives 5, so on depending on your AP you MIGHT get another rage per white hit.

^^ not actual numbers, just an example with even splits for understanding purposes.

Thanks for the info. Btw it's white damage equal to half of your level to gain 1 rage point (in case anyone is wondering).

This can't be blizz-like right? The 12.1 DPS that the +elemental damage contributes being equivalent to 169 ap for white swings/slam and 134 ap for normalized attacks.

Regarding the proc, I'll have to look up that TF thread to get damage numbers and then account for some kind of rough average nature resistance on bosses.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:25 pm

The +16 -30 Nature Damage on TF isn't added to the sword's 53.9 DPS. It is factored in already which I see you calculated correctly, however many get confused by it.

44 bottom range damage + 16 bottom range Nature Damage = 60 damage bottom end.

60/1.9 = 31.578 DPS bottom end.

115 top range damage + 30 top range Nature Damgae = 145 damage top end.

145/1.9 = 76.315 DPS top end.

(31.578 + 76.315) / 2 = 53.94 DPS. Blizzard drops the remainder giving you the 53.9 DPS that displays on Thunderfury.

Rough average resistance on bosses is assumed to be around 75 resist for all schools and "should" exclude Holy. This would put the NR of a boss at 50NR.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:27 pm

That would explain a lot. Thanks. Kind of dumb that I overlooked that.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:58 am

Undertanker wrote:The +16 -30 Nature Damage on TF isn't added to the sword's 53.9 DPS. It is factored in already which I see you calculated correctly, however many get confused by it.

44 bottom range damage + 16 bottom range Nature Damage = 60 damage bottom end.

60/1.9 = 31.578 DPS bottom end.

115 top range damage + 30 top range Nature Damgae = 145 damage top end.

145/1.9 = 76.315 DPS top end.

(31.578 + 76.315) / 2 = 53.94 DPS. Blizzard drops the remainder giving you the 53.9 DPS that displays on Thunderfury.

Rough average resistance on bosses is assumed to be around 75 resist for all schools and "should" exclude Holy. This would put the NR of a boss at 50NR.

vido wrote:That would explain a lot. Thanks. Kind of dumb that I overlooked that.

That went right past me aswell. Man do I feel stupid.

Since TF proc now apparently has been buffed to 25% I guess the (very rough) formula for it would look like this:

((300 x 0.25) / 1.9) + 53.9 = 93,37368421052632 DPS.

This doesnt ofcourse factor in the decreased resistance it puts on target.

TLDR: Still the best 1h weapon ingame, including Naxx.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior