Boss armor reduction

Boss armor reduction

by Spottedcow » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:55 am

I can't seem to find calculations anywhere on the internet for the damage reduction formula for armor for a 63 (boss) mob being attacked by a 60 player. Since this affects actual TPS generated on bosses, you'd think it'd be an important thing for tanks to know. I'm trying to put together a spreadsheet to get actual raw threat, TPR and TPS calculations for my warrior, but I can't modify the threat from damage based on bosses because I have nothing to use as a working formula. Obviously, the threat from damage is going to be less significant than the flat threat modifiers on Revenge/SS. It's significant for HS, but you're using HS on CD anyway in rage cap situations like boss fights. In the grand scheme of things, it's not imperative, but if anyone knows where I can find those calculations, I'd like my spreadsheet to be as accurate as possible.
Spottedcow
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Boss armor reduction

by JeeTee » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:05 am

stop spread sheeting this antique game

Get soft hitcap
stack str and ap
balance crit and hit
stack cooldowns
use keybinds
use consumes
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:52 am

Well most bosses have around 4.7k armor according to vanilla db. Those seem to be the same values used on nost, it's differs from boss to boss but with 5 stacks of sunder, FF, CoR you're left with around 1.5k armor so roughly 15-20% damage reduction.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:53 am

Anyway JeeTee makes a good point, you don't remotely need a spreadsheet to top the meters in this game. A bit of common sense will take you 95% of the way.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warrior