Question about leveling

Question about leveling

by Kinsume » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:31 pm

So I have not played WoW since the original vanilla release of the game, ended up quitting about a week before BC came out. Joined a new server back then and played for about 8 or 9 months, guild went through pretty much everything up until Naxx. In any event, only played a Paladin back then so leveling was essentially run up and hit something, then heal when necessary. It was slow-going but I rarely ever died, though minus instances I pretty much solo'd the entire trip.

Nost re-opening a vanilla server, more specifically a pvp fresh start one, I've grown interested in giving the game a go again. This time around I plan to make a warrior. After some googling I've decided that a 2h 20/31 fury build is what I'm going to try for the leveling process, switching to prot for endgame raiding. That being said, its going to be a bit different not being able to heal myself pretty much at-will, I'm assuming I'll need alot of bandages? Or would it be better to make friends with a priest and just team-up?
Kinsume
Tester

Re: Question about leveling

by ShaqPack » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Pretty much both, and get used to buying food off vendors or from mages. Warriors are pretty much the most difficult class to level and you'll have to be a lot more careful with pulls.... the early levels are usually the hardest part, with it getting easier as you level up and get more talents. You'll be doing ranged pulls a lot as well and start planning out macros accordingly as you level.

Fury is much better to start off as, but arms starts getting good around the time you hit 30 for the WW axe, but you can always do 2 hander fury as well. Once you hit 40 arms and fury are close enough where you can go whichever you enjoy more really.

You can tank BRD with fury or arms at high levels but it's honestly a lot easier just to do it as prot, and once you're close to 60, that's really when I'd recommend switching over, grinding BRD heavily, and then moving on to other instances.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Warrior