Tips for pre-raid BiS gear?

Re: Tips for pre-raid BiS gear?

by Acetabularia » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:11 pm

rekc wrote:Yeah, I don't know if going for the PvP gear for Pre-Raid BIS is the best course of action unless you were already planning to rank up.

The devilsaur set is miles ahead of the pvp set for pve and rank 10 takes a fair bit of time to get

Devilsaur:
21 Sta
74 AP
2% crit
2% hit
vs
PvP Gloves + Legs:
40 Sta
94 AP
2% crit
1% hit

If you take the number of 1 hit being 21 AP then devilsaur beats the blue PvP legs + gloves by 1 AP... and that is "miles"?
Last edited by Acetabularia on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Tuna: Rúna
Lvl 19 Twink: Antigonia
Acetabularia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by rekc » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:26 pm

I must have been looking at the old models on AoWoW. Regardless the Devilsaur set is better than the PVP gloves/legs for raiding and the OP doesn't seem that interested in PvP so I thought I would suggest sticking with devilsaur as 300g is easier to get than rank 8 for most people.
rekc
Sergeant
Sergeant

by 50shadesofayyy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Judo wrote:I have a really noob question. I just leveled 60 and bought Devilsaur set and Deepfury Bracers. Which instances should I start running to get Pre-Raid BiS? DM? BRD? Thanks in advance!

Check the link in the second post of this thread. Down near the bottom of that post is an intricate list with all the Pre-BiS items for you. Cross match with what instances they drop in and voila.
insec
50shadesofayyy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Judo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:45 pm

50shadesofayyy wrote:
Judo wrote:Cross match with what instances they drop in and voila.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was looking for, but I guess I had to figure it out for myself using db.vanillagaming.org.

This is a list personalized for me. I either have the other stuff, am already working on it, or deemed it too much trouble to get.

Head - Mask of the Unforgiven - Stratholme - The Unforgiven
Neck - Mark of Fordring - Stratholme - Quest: In Dreams
Shoulder - Truestrike Shoulders - BRS - Pyroguard Emberseer
Back - Cape of the Black Baron - Stratholme - Baron Rivendare
Chest - Shadowcraft Tunic - BRS - General Drakkisath
Chest - Nightbrace Tunic - UBRS - Solakar Flamewreath
Waist - Cloudrunner Girdle - LBRS - Quartermaster Zigris
Feet - Swiftwalker Boots - BRD - Princess Moira Bronzebeard

But what prompted me to make the original post was trying to find a group for Scholo to start the quest to get Mirah's song. The people that were forming Scholo groups pretty much wanted me to be geared with Scholo stuff to run Scholo with them. So I said fuck it and went to go PVP.
Judo
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Rogue