What is the best race for alliance Rogue?

What is the best race for alliance Rogue?

by Alliaria » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Title says it all.
Alliaria
Tester

Re: What is the best race for alliance Rogue?

by Arev » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

the sticky has your answer

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5412
Arevor - <Dankk Budz Collective>
Arev
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by rekc » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:46 pm

*looks at empty search box*

for PvE human , for PvP it's arguable but gnome probably
rekc
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Setup » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:50 pm

PVE Human (unless you want to play daggers for some reason...)
PVP Gnome
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kazarak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:46 pm

So Human is the best in PvE because of pure DPS from sword and mace specialization.

Gnome is the best in PvP because of the racial for breaking snares and roots.

Anything nice to say about Dwarfs or Elves?

As for PvP: I can see the Dwarf racial being nice for fighting Warriors and other Rogues. The +1% to dodge for Elves seems kind of meh; and I'm not sure if the +5 to stealth level from Shadowmeld is all that useful. Even Humans can make a decent argument for PvP with their racial; and more DPS never hurts either.

As for PvE, I'm not sure anyone can make an arguments than would trump Humans for pure DPS.
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by rekc » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Night elfs sim highest for dagger PvE dps.

Shadowmeld is incredibly useful for PvP. I use it all the time when stealth is on CD. It also gives us a free talent point that we don't have to put in MoD.
rekc
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kazarak » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:44 pm

rekc wrote:Night elfs sim highest for dagger PvE dps.

Shadowmeld is incredibly useful for PvP. I use it all the time when stealth is on CD. It also gives us a free talent point that we don't have to put in MoD.

Humans, Gnomes and Elves each give the equivalent of two free talent points with their racial abilities - Humans arguably give 3 or 4:

Human: 2x in Weapons Expertise (plus the bonus mace specialization and Perception!)
    Gnomes: 2x in Improved Sprint
    Elves: 1x in Lightning Reflexes and 1x in Master of Deception

If you select these talents anyway, you can basically double down. Humans can have +10 in sword skill, Gnomes can have 3 ways to break snares and roots, and Elves can have the best sneak and highest dodge.

Why would Elves be the best PvE dagger DPS? They don't have anything that would boost daggers higher than the other races.
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by rekc » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Night Elves sim highest for daggers because they have the highest base agility.
rekc
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kazarak » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:59 pm

Noob question: What's so good about Hemorrhage? Just from reading the description in the Talent Screen, it doesn't sound that powerful. It does some damage and increases physical damage by 3 for 15 seconds or 30 charges. I assume a charge is expended every time the target takes damage.

At level 30 when you can get it, an extra 3 damage doesn't sound like that much, so I know I'm missing something here.
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by bdan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Kazarak wrote:Noob question: What's so good about Hemorrhage? Just from reading the description in the Talent Screen, it doesn't sound that powerful. It does some damage and increases physical damage by 3 for 15 seconds or 30 charges. I assume a charge is expended every time the target takes damage.

At level 30 when you can get it, an extra 3 damage doesn't sound like that much, so I know I'm missing something here.

Its good for pvp mostly because its the lowest energy cost for a combo point generator. Lets you do more finishers.
bdan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Rogue