dagger spec, should i equip macro a sword when i sinister?

dagger spec, should i equip macro a sword when i sinister?

by Shackus » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:50 am

I know equip macros dont work here but i hear theres an addon called supermacro i think where you can do it, so my question is if it's better to have a sinister macro to swap to my sword and a backstab macro to swap back to my dagger? is it good, is it worth it?
Shackus
Grunt
Grunt

Re: dagger spec, should i equip macro a sword when i siniste

by Kuroyu » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:47 am

Shackus wrote:I know equip macros dont work here but i hear theres an addon called supermacro i think where you can do it, so my question is if it's better to have a sinister macro to swap to my sword and a backstab macro to swap back to my dagger? is it good, is it worth it?

Its not worth the trouble.
When you change weapons in combat it puts all your abilities on GCD, and Improved Backstab's +30% crit chance should on average be more effective than the slight damage boost from what sinister strike offers.
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Sinister Strike does way more damage with a non-dagger, thanks to the higher Attack Power Normalized factor (2.4 > 1.7) as well as the damage range usually a lot higher, unless your dagger is way better than your other weapon.

I think you should use a macro.

The argument about "Backstab is better than Sinister Strike if you're Daggers anyway" is true, but irrelevant here, since you use SS specifically when you can't use BS (when a mob is facing you in PvE, when you're snared in PvP and have no CP and someone turning around you, or you need a little extra damage but can't wait for your energy long enough to BS), so the choice is either SS with a Dagger or SS with a proper one-hander.

The 1-sec CD is a pain in the ass, and it's up to you to decide whether or not you should switch weapon though.

I don't use SuperMacro or anything,

/script UseAction(X); works fine, with the weapon you wanna equip in your action bar slot X.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TaurenRogue » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:39 pm

in pvp not worth... in pve depends on situation...
if ur farming stuff then it probably is worth it to swap but for a raid boss encounter when u need to sinister 1x it mostly isnt...
If you dont mind extra binds and using 2 sinister buttons then id suggest doing that .. else stick to manual swaping or just sinister with a dagger...
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Acetabularia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:12 am

Youfie wrote:when a mob is facing you in PvE

Except you can wiggle in some Backstabs on Nost
Grand Tuna: Rúna
Lvl 19 Twink: Antigonia
Acetabularia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant