Best Partner in PvP?

Best Partner in PvP?

by Etchings » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:24 pm

Hey all!

What class pairs best with a rogue in WSG/AB? Particularly in the leveling brackets. My buddy is going rogue on the new PvE server and I'm hoping to play something that'll help us swing games in our favor.

Thanks in advance!
Etchings
Private
Private

Re: Best Partner in PvP?

by Kuroyu » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:05 am

Rogue/warlock, Rogue/mage(frost) are good and simple enough. The combined cc from these classes can be tremendous in dismantling a lot of threats. They support each other's potential weaknesses with a mountain of cc.

- The rogue can often cc any melee threatening the caster.
- Ranged dps the caster can get heavily abused by rogues kit.
- The caster can often cc any melee threatening the rogue.

A healer paired with a rogue is obviously great, but that goes with any melee class really. Can't go wrong with a holy paladin who can survive burst also (if youre alliance).
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Vices » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:17 am

Rogue and hunter is a very potent combination in PvP. Tons of CC and burst potential coupled with decent survivability.
hello
Vices
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Etchings » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:42 pm

Thank you for the information!

I know that Resto Shamans aren't considered very good in PvP, but what about when paired with a rogue for control? I was wondering if Windfury would make up for the other shortcomings of the Shaman class.

Thanks in advance!
Etchings
Private
Private

by Ohhgee » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:08 pm

Rogue/Lock won most of the 2v2 tourneys on Feenix that I remember. If you're wanting to both play DPS classes then that or Rogue/Mage is best.

As for healers Rogue/Priest and Rogue/Paladin are great combos, defensive dispels OP for Rogue. Some fun ninja tactics possible with Rogue/Druid, but lack of dispels is frustrating. Rogue/Shaman not ideal IMO mainly because WF isn't worth losing Crip Poison on MH in my opinion
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Setup » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Ohhgee wrote:Rogue/Lock won most of the 2v2 tourneys on Feenix that I remember. If you're wanting to both play DPS classes then that or Rogue/Mage is best.

I only remember the last tournament, where warrior/paladin appeared unbeatable.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Will you be my partner, Setup?~
Robotron
Champion
Champion

Return to Rogue