PvE Server rogue level 10 quest bug

PvE Server rogue level 10 quest bug

by Remenissions » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:20 am

The satyr for the level 10 NE rogue quest doesn't respawn his quest item for other's to pickpocket him. Supposedly he must be killed after being pickpocketed to have the item in his pocket again. Currently testing this now.

EDIT: Confirmed he has it after he is killed. This is a bug.
Remenissions
Grunt
Grunt

Re: PvE Server rogue level 10 quest bug

by Youfie » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:42 am

Remenissions wrote:EDIT: Confirmed he has it after he is killed. This is a bug.

Do you have any proof that Pick Pocket loot shouldn't respawn only after kill on Vanilla?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Prototype958 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:25 pm

This is how a number of Rogue quests work. You can't pickpocket the same target twice, and thus the target must be killed in order to respawn his pickpocket loot table.

Essentially it's common curtosey to kill a pickpocket quest target after you get your quest item, so the next person does't have to kill it and wait.

Also, this isn't the right board to report bugs.
Prototype958
Tester

by malleus » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:17 am

This is a problem on the pvp server as well.

It may have changed, but when i did that quest a few months ago on the PVP server he was unkillable (spawns multiple adds that kill you in a GCD if you engage him) Not sure if this is a "bug" technically, but I suspect in retail he was scripted to either re-populate his pick pocket loot, or to respawn after being pick-pocketed.

As it stands only 1 lucky rogue gets to complete this quest after a server restart, which definitely isn't blizzlike.
malleus
Tester

by Benzi » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:11 am

Anyone having issues on the PVE server finding the level 10 undead quest mob Astor? Who is supposed to be walking the road between silverpine and UC. Ran this road for the last 30mins back and forth from UC to the bridge in Silverpine with him nowhere to be found.
Horde <Deja Vu> Handled
Benzi
Private
Private

by bdan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:19 pm

I just did this quest as a human. Tried to pickpocket the goblin for the shipping plans and it wasn't in his pickpocket table. I waited til he was outside his house and then hit him with a throwing knife from far away. Kited him about 40 yards by throwing knife, running as soon as it was cast for 3 secs, then throwing another knife at him and running a bit more. You can engage him after that without the guards attacking you. I got lucky or he was bugged or something cause he dropped the plans after I killed him. Otherwise im sure I could I have just pickpocketed him after he respawned and he should have had the plans back in his pickpocket table.
bdan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Rogue