Which Addons Are Essential?

Which Addons Are Essential?

by Viira » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I haven't played WoW since WOTLK, starting new here.

Wondering what Addons you guys feel are essential. I know it's a matter of opinion, I'm just a little lost. Thanks.
Viira
Tester

Re: Which Addons Are Essential?

by Prototype958 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:09 pm

I don't have names as I actually don't have a lot of these right now, but when I do pick up some more mods I'm going to be looking for things that include an energy tick and Combo points trackers.

Personally I love the HUD ones, I think I have something like AceHud or something to that effect right now. Gives you a heads up display of your health/energy/combo points as well as your targets health/resource.

It can be pretty heavily configured as well. I also typically include things like Bagnon/Onebag and some kind of Bartender mod. I haven't found a working version of Bartender that fits what I'm used to playing with before, but there used to be a version of it out there that would let you easily set up and change hotkeys on the fly which I really loved over having to go into the built in WoW Keybindings option.

Enemy cast bars is a good thing to have as well so you know when to correctly interrupt.
Prototype958
Tester

by Setup » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:06 am

(1) LazyPig.
It adds a lot of polish that should be in vanilla but isn't, like automatic dismounting, automatic settings to greed/need roll on certain items, etc.

(2) Big Wigs.
Basic raid mod.

(3) EnergyWatchv2
is useful for seeing when your energy will tick.

(4) Improved Error Frame
gets rid of WoW error windows for you.

(5) KTM Threat Meter
Version 17.35.

(6) SW_Stats
for damage meters, most reliable meter.

(7) MobInfo-2
to see boss hp

(8) CT_Mailmod
to be able to send multiple messages at once.

(9) CCWatch
to have a visible timer for slice/dice incase you have too many buffs to see it otherwise.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Viira » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Do you guys have pictures of any rogue UI's?
Viira
Tester

by jsb » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Some shameless self-promotion: PicoPoisons, for keeping track of poison charges.
jsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Viira » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:45 pm

jsb wrote:Some shameless self-promotion: PicoPoisons, for keeping track of poison charges.

Awesome
Viira
Tester

by Kazarak » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:05 pm

Any recommended add-on to see how much time is left on DoT's, stuns and debugs on my target?
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Acetabularia » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:51 pm

Kazarak wrote:Any recommended add-on to see how much time is left on DoT's, stuns and debugs on my target?

I use Stunwatch for stuns, as CCwatch would bug out if I cut into gouge with kidney shot, not recording the kidney shot duration afterwards.
Nature's Enemy Castbar tracks dots so I use that for both enemy cast bars as well as non rogue related CC and dot timers.
Grand Tuna: Rúna
Lvl 19 Twink: Antigonia
Acetabularia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Robotron » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:52 am

Chronometer.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Demky » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:02 am

where can I download a safe version of Lazypig for the private server ?
Demky
Private
Private

Return to Rogue