proccwatch on maelstrom trinket?

proccwatch on maelstrom trinket?

by pomfittes » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:38 am

Have anyone tested it in MC/BWL yet? and can it crit? i tested it for around 30minutes on mobs just autohitting and it did not crit.

Maelstrom > 2% crit trinket, whats your opinion?
pomfittes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: proccwatch on maelstrom trinket?

by Youfie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:10 pm

pomfittes wrote:Have anyone tested it in MC/BWL yet? and can it crit? i tested it for around 30minutes on mobs just autohitting and it did not crit.

From about 3k hits using procwatch, I got a proc every 28-30 hits in average iirc, which is about 3%-3,5%.

I need to run more tests using only 1 weapon and auto-attack, and test out different speeds, to figure out whether it's a flat-procrate or a PPM-based shit. The above tests were done using 1.8 MH / 1.6 OH & Specials tossed onto that, so they're aren't really reliable if it's a PPM (and the sampe size is not that big either).

If anyone has run such tests, please share!

I'm pretty sure I got some crits, but only when using +spell crit buffs (Ony / Felwood & shit).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Orc_Hunter » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:37 pm

If Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom isn't critting, then it's bugged. It is supposed to crit.
Orc_Hunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Setup » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:10 pm

pomfittes wrote:Have anyone tested it in MC/BWL yet? and can it crit? i tested it for around 30minutes on mobs just autohitting and it did not crit.

I haven't looked at the numbers recently, but I seem to remember maelstrom not holding up to 2% crit, but there being very little difference. A large part of the reason was with maelstrom, ~17% of your hits would "miss" on bosses because of your spell hit.

It's really a pvp trinket, though. Good for little bursts of damage.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Soyoen » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:47 pm

Youfie wrote:

From about 3k hits using procwatch, I got a proc every 28-30 hits in average iirc, which is about 3%-3,5%.

I need to run more tests using only 1 weapon and auto-attack, and test out different speeds, to figure out whether it's a flat-procrate or a PPM-based shit. The above tests were done using 1.8 MH / 1.6 OH & Specials tossed onto that, so they're aren't really reliable if it's a PPM (and the sampe size is not that big either).

If anyone has run such tests, please share!

I'm pretty sure I got some crits, but only when using +spell crit buffs (Ony / Felwood & shit).

Hey mate, the only "connection" I found from the -06 sources was an incomplete normalization assumption. Going from the normalization on specials attacks it could look like the one below.

ppm / (60/X), X=(Sword,Mace;Fist / Dagger) (2,4/1,7)
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Niko » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:06 am

Orc_Hunter wrote:If Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom isn't critting, then it's bugged. It is supposed to crit.

It does crit, friend did a 640.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Youfie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:04 am

I got some extra time to test this trinket a bit more, here are my results.

Using a 1.6 weapon :
Out of 2557 hits, I got 72 procs, i.e. 35,5 hits / proc on average, i.e. 2,82% proc chance.

Using a 2.8 weapon
Out of 1435 hits, I got 14,9 hits / proc on average, i.e. 6,71% proc chance.

The expected proc chance for these two setups if the Card had 1 PPM proc chance would be 2,67% & 4,67%, respectively. In my opinion, it's kinda safe to say that DMC:M has a 1 PPM proc-rate.

(Even though 6,71% & 4,67% are quite different, I assume it's just a bit of luck that changed the numbers, given the smaller sample size & shit.)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Rogue