Is there too many rogues?

Is there too many rogues?

by Ludwig354 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello there! As the title says, I was just wondering, are there too many rogues on this server? I would like to level one as they seem much more fun than what my main class is, but I'm a bit worried that getting raid spots will be hard, along with endgame dungeons.

Are my concerns legitimate?
Ludwig354
Tester

Re: Is there too many rogues?

by snawfu » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:56 pm

yes we full
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Soyoen » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:33 am

Ludwig354 wrote:Hello there! As the title says, I was just wondering, are there too many rogues on this server? I would like to level one as they seem much more fun than what my main class is, but I'm a bit worried that getting raid spots will be hard, along with endgame dungeons.

Are my concerns legitimate?

There is always room for new rogues. There are plenty of guilds on this server and I'm sure there are spots out there to be taken.

Your concerns may of course be legitimate.
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Daggerknife » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:12 am

Play the class you want to play and worry about the rest for later. With so many people playing you are bound to find someone to play with!
Daggerknife
Grunt
Grunt

by Setup » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:10 pm

Depends what you want to do on WoW.

If you're looking to raid "seriously", go fury warrior. It's about the same as playing a rogue, but you're way better than rogues post-AQ. There's also a LOT of rogues on the realm, and you want to bring fewer and fewer into your raids as you get into the later content.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by XJ9 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:19 am

Depends on what you want to do ultimately and "when" you want to do it. I feel that's important to stress because a lot of people don't realize rogues actually can taper off post AQ-40 in comparison to other classes like Fury Warrior in both PvE and PvP.

Rogues are known for being really strong in Vanilla, borderline broken even though a lot of this I feel is due to the Roguecraft stigma which while being very valid at the time, isn't nearly as valid anymore. This is not to say rogues are weak by any stretch, just we don't have as much of an edge against the rest anymore as the "metagame" has gotten better. Rogues would feel invincible vs clickers and keyboard turners, now that people are getting better we're not as ridiculous if we slip up even once. In PvP it's that class everyone sees the best of and is like "Wow, I want to be that guy!" then when they try to mimic it get extremely frustrated. I don't blame them, the rogue class has a lot of subtle things people neglect which makes it an annoying class to master, especially if you juggle retail WoW where you're used to on demand energy instead of the system present in Vanilla.

When it comes to raiding, it's simple, rogues are one of the best classes early, solid mid and late but we don't maintain the commanding lead we usually do early on. Just tonight in my Molten Core we ran with seven rogues, of the top 10 damage slots the rogues were there, top 5 were rogues entirely. Keep in mind this is on the PvE server.

Ultimately I welcome any willing to play rogue to play rogue as a brother. Though very little respect for FOTM rerollers or Roguecraft/Grim junkies because those types tend to quit when they realize it isn't Total Annihilation every fight. The class will actually piss you off a great deal in the learning process as you begin to feel your energy bar, or how to handle a lot of situations in PvP. Don't get me wrong, I love those videos even to this day but it's sad to see so many on a class reroll when it's no longer absurdly broken. Bit of advice though is early on, avoid playing a rogue if you want a guaranteed raid slot unless you do it fast. Rogues are dime a dozen now, rare as hell around Naxx.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by cookiekittens » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:10 pm

XJ9 wrote:Depends on what you want to do ultimately and "when" you want to do it. I feel that's important to stress because a lot of people don't realize rogues actually can taper off post AQ-40 in comparison to other classes like Fury Warrior in both PvE and PvP.

Rogues are known for being really strong in Vanilla, borderline broken even though a lot of this I feel is due to the Roguecraft stigma which while being very valid at the time, isn't nearly as valid anymore. This is not to say rogues are weak by any stretch, just we don't have as much of an edge against the rest anymore as the "metagame" has gotten better. Rogues would feel invincible vs clickers and keyboard turners, now that people are getting better we're not as ridiculous if we slip up even once. In PvP it's that class everyone sees the best of and is like "Wow, I want to be that guy!" then when they try to mimic it get extremely frustrated. I don't blame them, the rogue class has a lot of subtle things people neglect which makes it an annoying class to master, especially if you juggle retail WoW where you're used to on demand energy instead of the system present in Vanilla.

When it comes to raiding, it's simple, rogues are one of the best classes early, solid mid and late but we don't maintain the commanding lead we usually do early on. Just tonight in my Molten Core we ran with seven rogues, of the top 10 damage slots the rogues were there, top 5 were rogues entirely. Keep in mind this is on the PvE server.

Ultimately I welcome any willing to play rogue to play rogue as a brother. Though very little respect for FOTM rerollers or Roguecraft/Grim junkies because those types tend to quit when they realize it isn't Total Annihilation every fight. The class will actually piss you off a great deal in the learning process as you begin to feel your energy bar, or how to handle a lot of situations in PvP. Don't get me wrong, I love those videos even to this day but it's sad to see so many on a class reroll when it's no longer absurdly broken. Bit of advice though is early on, avoid playing a rogue if you want a guaranteed raid slot unless you do it fast. Rogues are dime a dozen now, rare as hell around Naxx.

very well said, a skilled rogue wont have much trouble in PVP, however it is true they start to fall off in PVE very late in vanilla, and fotm people stop playing them as much because rogues need really good gear (a lot of t3, misplaced servo arms, etc) to still be broken at the end of vanilla. which brings up the point that you should be fine securing a slot at any class you play in PVE as long as it's a viable spec and you're a good player.
cookiekittens
Tester

by XJ9 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:52 am

Double Post, see below.
Last edited by XJ9 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by XJ9 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:52 am

cookiekittens wrote:
very well said, a skilled rogue wont have much trouble in PVP, however it is true they start to fall off in PVE very late in vanilla, and fotm people stop playing them as much because rogues need really good gear (a lot of t3, misplaced servo arms, etc) to still be broken at the end of vanilla. which brings up the point that you should be fine securing a slot at any class you play in PVE as long as it's a viable spec and you're a good player.

Ideally yes, though a lot of the time as DPS you don't get the chance to show anything because they're just full. Though it's near impossible to not secure a slot as a rogue unless you constantly die in fires or ignore mechanics, or just keep letting SnD fall off. Which is why I put in that bit of "If you can level fast." towards the end. If you want to take a casual approach to leveling, but still raid, make sure you have friends who can guarantee you a raid slot, or pick a different class. Hell I've even had it where I was sat out from guilds without ever doing a raid because of the abundance of rogues. It's at that point you pray one has something come up so they don't appear, pray you get the spot, then prove your worth and shove out a lower DPS. Though that's just kinda shitty.[/quote]
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Yes there are too many rogues BUT most that I have grouped with haven't been very good.

There is always room for good players in raiding guilds but you will have a hard time finding pug spots for dungeons.

Every time you say "LFM UBRS" or "LFM Strat UD" in world chat you immediately get 5-6 whispers from rogues and nothing else :P
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Rogue