source for hit table

source for hit table

by scaerwow » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:21 am

Hey all, new player to Nostalrius here. Let me start by saying I'm having a complete blast reliving the vanilla game.

My question is what is the source for the hit table? Does it come directly from the code? Not doubting the established opinion just curious about how it came to be.
scaerwow
Tester

Re: source for hit table

by Youfie » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:38 am

Can you precise a bit your question?

I'm not sure I understand it exactly, and I'm a bit lazy to explore all the different things you might have wanted to mean :D.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by scaerwow » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Yeah sorry, that was worded a bit clumsily. I meant this table:

Miss: 24.6%
Dodge: 5.6%
Parry: 0%
Glancing blow: 40%
Block: 0%
Critical hit: ~10%
Normal hit: 19.8%

From Oto's sticky post.

And this

If the difference between the mob's Defense Skill (level * 5) and your Weapon Skill ([level * 5] + additional bonuses) is less than or equal to 10 then the formula for calculating your base miss rate against that mob is:

5% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.1%
dual-wielding: 24% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.1%
If the difference between the mob's Defense Skill and your Weapon Skill is greater than 10, then the formula for calculating your base miss rate against that mob is:

7% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill - 10)*.4%
dual-wielding: 26% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill - 10)*.4%
Applying these formulas gives the following base miss rate for a Level 60 character with a 300 Weapon Skill:

* v. Level 60 mob: 5.0% / dual-wield: 24%
* v. Level 61 mob: 5.5% / dual-wield: 24.5%
* v. Level 62 mob: 6.0% / dual-wield: 25%
* v. Level 63 mob: 9.0% / dual-wield: 28%
Thus if you are a Level 60 character with a Weapon Skill of 300, you need +9% chance to hit to never miss a shot against a Level 63 boss (or skull mob).

From http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Hit

How is that derived? Does it come directly from the source code or was it determined experimentally or some other way?
scaerwow
Tester

by Youfie » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:55 pm

This number were gotten empirically on retail, yeah.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Rogue