Destiny Calls Rogue Quest

Destiny Calls Rogue Quest

by XaNer0 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm not sure if I am supposed to post this in the Rogue thread or here but I have ran into a little snag when leveling my rogue. I don't really know where else to turn other than the forums. The Night Elf Rogue quest Destiny Calls requires me to pickpocket Sethir's Journal from a Satyr by the name of Sethir the Ancient that kills you if he spots you.

I have been waiting around the location of him for a long while and have pick pocketed him regularly. But I have yet to get Sethir's Journal. Does anyone know how long the spawn rate of the journal is? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you for reading. =)
XaNer0
Tester

Re: Destiny Calls Rogue Quest

by Acetabularia » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Yea this is poorly scripted unfortunately. The pickpocket lootbox is general, which means once someone pickpockets it he doesn't have it anymore and you have to kill him (which is hard to near impossible for a lvl 10 rogue) then wait for his like 30 min respawn and try again... I had to kill him twice before I managed to get mine, was lucky and had 2 green daggers drop for me while questing so I could do sufficient damage before dying. Easier to just ask in local Darnassus for help.
Grand Tuna: Rúna
Lvl 19 Twink: Antigonia
Acetabularia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Destiny Calls Rogue Quest

by Serakh » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:45 pm

I'm aware this is an old thread, but since this is still an issue, this might still be useful:

It is very possible to kill Sethir - i did it lvl 12 with no exceptional equipment, solo. Just pull him (ranged) and run away. Some time before him resetting, hit him again, and keep running. Obviously, Sprint helps to survive this part. His minions will despawn at the normal range, but he will follow you further. At that point you can try and end him, evasion and maybe a potion help a bunch.

His respawn timer is about 20min, and he WILL have the quest item ready to be stolen once he respawns.
Serakh
Tester

Return to Rogue