Tips for pre-raid BiS gear?

Tips for pre-raid BiS gear?

by Judo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:34 am

I have a really noob question. I just leveled 60 and bought Devilsaur set and Deepfury Bracers. Which instances should I start running to get Pre-Raid BiS? DM? BRD? Thanks in advance!
Judo
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Tips for pre-raid BiS gear?

by knotic » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:56 am

atlas loot will help u out loads. not sure off the top of my head still level 55. u can find what the Pre Raid Bis gear is here https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5412 toward the bottom of the post
knotic
Private
Private

by Judo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:04 pm

So here's what I'm finding after getting to 60 and having those BiS items in mind. Before I can enter the Dungeons that drop a lot of those items, I have to upgrade my current gear. But there really isn't a guide for that and I don't have well geared friends to run me through.

I thought Mirah's Song might be easily attainable because it's a quest reward, but apparently it's in the toughest 5-man dungeon in Vanilla and not many PUGs will pick a scrub rogue (like me) for DPS.

Maybe I'll just PVP for a while and get that dagger from the AV vendor. I also heard there's a WSG vendor now that sells a decent dagger? Any way I look at it, it'll be a grind for me.
Judo
Grunt
Grunt

by Linguist » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:02 pm

When I hit 60, I literally got as much of the BoEs and craftables that I could.

Deepfury Bracers
Mongoose boots
Devilsaur set
Rune of the guard captain (From the Hinterlands elite quest)
AV exalted daggers, crusader enchants (I grinded the rep in 3 days from neutral to exalted during bonus weekend, even with all the bullshit alliance respawns/turtles and only using riders once a game)
Spaulders of the Unseen
Shadowcraft Belt

Had all of these within the first week of hitting 60. While I stayed PvP spec, I still did more damage than most other people in 5 mans until I switched to combat after I got Dal'rends. Only thing I would change is putting +5 WD on mainhand, but it's about the same dps as double crusader procs with WF more or less.
Linguist
Tester

by Acetabularia » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 am

Seen the lvl 60 Blue PvP set? R8 is easy enough to get and is close to T1. Shoulders arguably better but that'll require the extra length of getting R10.
Grand Tuna: Rúna
Lvl 19 Twink: Antigonia
Acetabularia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Judo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:46 am

Linguist wrote:When I hit 60, I literally got as much of the BoEs and craftables that I could.

Deepfury Bracers
Mongoose boots
Devilsaur set
Rune of the guard captain (From the Hinterlands elite quest)
AV exalted daggers, crusader enchants (I grinded the rep in 3 days from neutral to exalted during bonus weekend, even with all the bullshit alliance respawns/turtles and only using riders once a game)
Spaulders of the Unseen
Shadowcraft Belt

Had all of these within the first week of hitting 60. While I stayed PvP spec, I still did more damage than most other people in 5 mans until I switched to combat after I got Dal'rends. Only thing I would change is putting +5 WD on mainhand, but it's about the same dps as double crusader procs with WF more or less.

Hey, thanks for replying. It took me a while to figure it out, but this is the path I'm taking. I just didn't look closely enough at where all the BiS items came from. I completely missed out on the PVP rep items. I thought everything was a drop or quest from somewhere. Well, off to AV I go...
Judo
Grunt
Grunt

by Judo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:47 am

Acetabularia wrote:Seen the lvl 60 Blue PvP set? R8 is easy enough to get and is close to T1. Shoulders arguably better but that'll require the extra length of getting R10.

I haven't because I completely neglected PVP as a source of PVE items. Which set are you talking about? Which vendor(s) sell these and how much rep do I need?
Judo
Grunt
Grunt

by Acetabularia » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:23 am

Judo wrote:
Acetabularia wrote:-

I haven't because I completely neglected PVP as a source of PVE items. Which set are you talking about? Which vendor(s) sell these and how much rep do I need?

I'm talking about this set. You don't need any rep for it, just Rank 7 for the Gloves/Boots, Rank 8 for Chest/Legs, Rank 10 for Shoulders and Helm is a bit harder to reach but if you've got 4/6 you're already very well set up. Chest and Legs are easily Pre-Raid BiS, and it'll save you around 300g on Devilsaur if people are still selling/buying it for that price. Boots and Gloves aren't bad either. In addition to that it gives you around 600-800 more HP than the previous preraid-bis gear list gave you, which should let you live through some AoE or random target spells that you would otherwise wouldn't. So I can only recommend you getting those 4 pieces. Once you have those, you're already very well set for 5 man dungeons which can help you get the rest of your BiS, here are some tips:

DM W for Bracers of the Eclipse
DM E for Satyr's Bow
Strat for Mask of the Unforgiven
UBRS for Truestrike Shoulders if you're really struggling with +hit, else I'd just go for Wyrmtongue Shoulders.
Don Julio's Band from AV exalted and Blackstone Ring from Maraudon are both very viable alternatives and don't use up a slot that could be occupied by something better.
Also if you're horde you have the added benefit of having access to the Rune of the Guard Captain trinket from a quest in the Hinterlands.
Blackhand's Breadth (LBRS/UBRS Questline), Hand of Justice (BRD) and the Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (DM book) are all viable trinkets though, again the last I would only recommend if you're really hurting for +hit.
Other than that the Cape of the Black Baron from Strat and the Mark of Fordring should be noted.

You don't necessarily need those items to go raiding but for god's sake it will make you look less like a freeloader and more like someone who put effort into preparing themselves to raid and is deserving of being rewarded accordingly.
Grand Tuna: Rúna
Lvl 19 Twink: Antigonia
Acetabularia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Judo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:49 pm

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind as I rank up. Although, Rank 7 seems like some dedication to PVP is required...
Judo
Grunt
Grunt

by rekc » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:19 pm

Yeah, I don't know if going for the PvP gear for Pre-Raid BIS is the best course of action unless you were already planning to rank up.

The devilsaur set is miles ahead of the pvp set for pve and rank 10 takes a fair bit of time to get
rekc
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Rogue