Breaking Stuns/Snares/Roots/Incapacitates

Breaking Stuns/Snares/Roots/Incapacitates

by Kazarak » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:53 pm

So my Rogue is only in her 20's right now, but I was wondering what all options were in a Rogues toolbox for breaking out of stuns, snares, roots and incapacitates.

Vanish
- Snares and roots

Improved Sprint
- Snares and roots

Insignia of the Alliance/Horde (PvP trinket)
- Everything!

Escape Artist (Gnome only)
- Snares and roots
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Breaking Stuns/Snares/Roots/Incapacitates

by Arev » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:17 pm

In Vanilla, Insignia of the Horde/Alliance only remove 3 types of CC depending on your class.

The Rogue version removes charm, fear, and polymorph effects.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/PvP_trinket
Arevor - <Dankk Budz Collective>
Arev
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wessty » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:21 pm

There's also a low level green trinket called "Luffa" which removes a bleed effect. Pretty useful for fighting warriors . I havent gotten it on nost yet so not sure if its in the game but it should be.
Wessty
Grunt
Grunt

by Kazarak » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Arev wrote:In Vanilla, Insignia of the Horde/Alliance only remove 3 types of CC depending on your class.

The Rogue version removes charm, fear, and polymorph effects.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/PvP_trinket

Oh wow! I did not know that! So the Rogue trinket only removes three effects (until BC): fear, charm and polymorph.

Do we have anything that can break stuns or incapacitates - such as Gouge or Ice Trap?
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Robotron » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Wessty wrote:There's also a low level green trinket called "Luffa" which removes a bleed effect. Pretty useful for fighting warriors . I havent gotten it on nost yet so not sure if its in the game but it should be.

For anyone interesting in acquiring this item, you need to do some of the Thorium Point quests in Searing George.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by zerf » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:36 am

Kazarak wrote:Do we have anything that can break stuns or incapacitates - such as Gouge or Ice Trap?

Anything that breaks on damage can be broken using scorpid surprise.
vanilla wow addon collection - http://addons.us.to
zerf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kazarak » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:57 am

A good that can DoT you? Interesting. Not really a garuntee though
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ohhgee » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Skull of Impending Doom is an Offhand obtainable from a quest chain in Badlands. It increases movement speed by 60% and ticks damage on you. One of the most game breaking items in PvP. Because it's an OH it can be equipped/unequipped in combat

Use it when a Mage is casting sheep on you, or a Lock is seducing you, Rogue runs towards you to blind, etc. Also great if you can predict when a Hunter is going to scatter/trap (such as popping it when he trinkets or when your Kidney expires)
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kazarak » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Damage equal to 60% of your max health is a hell of a price to pay to the chance to break out of incapacitates!
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ohhgee » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:03 pm

Kazarak wrote:Damage equal to 60% of your max health is a hell of a price to pay to the chance to break out of incapacitates!
I said it increases your movement speed by 60%. the damage ticks every 2 seconds and each tick is a randomly generated number from 100-500. the effect can also be cancelled at any time by unequipping the item or using a variety of macros.

Also it's not a "chance" to break CC it's guaranteed. And it's only a 5 minute CD
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Rogue