sword combat rogue (human)

sword combat rogue (human)

by sempiternus » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:15 am

Just wanted to be sure :

as a combat rogue (with swords), in pve, i am supposed to use eviscerate or rupture in addition to snd right?
We dont consume nearly as much energy as dagger rogues with backstab, and we have relentless strike and ruthlessness (+ the 30 second SND duration) so we should be able to use evi with 3 cp or something in pve right? (although SND is always top priority)

I'm asking because i'm a bit worried to use only two buttons in pve as rogue (wouldnt mind as a caster, it's not the same mechanics), in that case, i'd rather play a fury warrior.

Thanks
sempiternus
Grunt
Grunt

Re: sword combat rogue (human)

by Daggerknife » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:17 pm

You can use rupture in 5-mans but in raids, you'll have to stick with SS - SnD and Evis.
Daggerknife
Grunt
Grunt

by Kuroyu » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:58 am

By the time you have developed SnD, a mob may die before Rupture does more damage than Evisc over time. Its fair to say this is fairly common so its easier to just stick with using 5cp Eviscs.

The best reason I can think of though is that Rupture takes up a precious debuff slot in raids. The nightmare scenario is your Rupture could be stopping an enemy from being sundered, taunted or something else.
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Prototype958 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:54 pm

I posted a similar topic recently because I didn't know about the whole debuff slot thing. Until TBC, Rupture is out the window in raids because there are more useful debuffs that should have priority over those slots. Same goes for Deadly Poison, uses up a slot that should be going towards other things.

Our only CP spenders at that point are going to be SnD and Evis. It's literally all we have.
Prototype958
Tester

Return to Rogue