Shadowmeld, Gouge and Vanish

Shadowmeld, Gouge and Vanish

by Kazarak » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:00 pm

I read in another forum that Night Elves could use Shadowmeld as an additional Vanish if you dropped the target and blocked LoS. Is this vanilla or at a later stage in WoW?

I also heard mention in passing on another thread that Improved Gouge gives you enough time to open the distance and Stealth. Is that correct?

Thanks!
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Shadowmeld, Gouge and Vanish

by Ohhgee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:53 am

apparently smeld does not drop combat here. so it's not useful for rogues.

imp gouge is essential for any PvP spec and it makes your gouge 5.5 seconds. It takes 6 seconds to drop combat. So yes, you can use gouge to restealth, but there is a 0.5 second window for your opponent to get an instant cast off. So against good players you'll need to use it in combination with LoS or dead zone kiting for melee
Last edited by Ohhgee on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Daggerknife » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:21 am

Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Cooldown increased to 2 minutes, able to use in combat. Can no longer eat while in Shadowmeld. If you are eating and/or drinking and then Shadowmeld, you stop eating/drinking

You can't use it in combat, so it's pretty useless!
Daggerknife
Grunt
Grunt

by Kazarak » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:48 am

Thanks for clearing up Shadowmeld and Gouge me!
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nugeneration » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:21 am

You can't use it in combat, so it's pretty useless!

Shadowmeld should still provide a hidden bonus level to stealth. So, it isn't 100% useless per-say.

It should still allow you to spot other stealth characters first, but yes as an active combat ability it is quite useless for a Rogue.
Nugeneration
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Rogue