Rogue Guide by Oto

Re: Rogue Guide by Oto

by pomfittes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:27 am

Is bloodfang shoulders really worth to use as horde at all? for daggers/swords - you loose 1% hit and gain like 5-6 AP
pomfittes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:10 pm

Daggerknife wrote:
Youfie wrote:Nope.

Would lifesteal / Oil still net more DPS than Crusader / Agility, if flasked?

Haven't really tested myself, since Oil of Immolation didn't scale on retail after 1.6.1 (it used to here, don't know if it's fixed yet), and I'm not sure about Lifesteal @ 1.12, haven't searched or found any evidence or anything (in either way actually).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Youfie » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:15 pm

pomfittes wrote:Is bloodfang shoulders really worth to use as horde at all? for daggers/swords - you loose 1% hit and gain like 5-6 AP

Bloodfang shoulders are only worth something if you're aiming for the 8/8 bonus.
Which makes them worthless for Daggers Rogue who need ACLG (I mean the proc rate would need to be way to high for it to be better than ACLG I guess).

Which means for Swords Rogue, the 8/8 bonus must have a good-enough proc-rate to counterract :
- the fact that BF gloves are inferior to NS ones ;
- the fact that BF spaulders are inferior to NS ones ;
- the fact that BF boots are inferior to Shadowflame / Blooddrenched.

+ the fact that upgraded R10 Helm is better than T2 too if you can get the 2/6 40 AP bonus, say with the R10 Spaulders for instance.

So it all comes down to the proc-rate, altough it's quite probable that it will have something around 1-2 PPM (seems high already), or a fixed 1-5% I guess, we could run some simulations with those numbers and CTS / Maladath I guess.
Last edited by Youfie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Iauren » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:29 pm

I'm not even a rogue but I'm pretty sure that Maladath >>>>>>>> brutality blade in terms of BIS off hand for sword rogues, no?
Iauren
Grunt
Grunt

by Setup » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:06 am

Iauren wrote:I'm not even a rogue but I'm pretty sure that Maladath >>>>>>>> brutality blade in terms of BIS off hand for sword rogues, no?

If you're not a human, maladath is better.
If you're a human, brut blade is better.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aslan » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Iauren wrote:I'm not even a rogue but I'm pretty sure that Maladath >>>>>>>> brutality blade in terms of BIS off hand for sword rogues, no?

Non human: Maladath > all
Human unbuffed: Hakkari OH > Maladath > Brutality
Human buffed: Maladath > Hakkari OH > Brutality
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by pomfittes » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:42 am

Engineering / Mining - best profession for maximizing your DPS
Goblin Sapper Charge / Dense Dynamite / Thorium Grenade (not working on mobs that are stun immune)

I'm thinking about removing herbalism for Engineering now, because herb is pretty much useless until they fix something - Just have to make sure, These dynamits still deal the damage they are suppose to even tho the mobs /boss is immune to stun right? Stupid question i know, but since you wrote it i got some seconds thoughts so just want to make sure.

EDIT: now i saw a post on another engineering thread from the guy "Snawfu"

You can throw dynamite between autoattack swings if your weapon is slow enough >2.0 as basically. It does trigger a gcd tho

Well, as a dagger rogue you will loose auto-attack uptime when your using a grenade, or?
pomfittes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:32 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked, I haven't been through every page of this thread.

If 1crit = 23 AP for combat swords and 29 agi gives 1 crit, then this math doesn't work out:
premise 1: 29 agi = 29AP + 1 crit
premise 2: 29 agi x 1.9 = 55.1
----------------------------------------
therefore: 29AP + 1 crit = 55.1
29AP + 23 =/= 55.1

We know that 29 agi gives 1 crit for sure so 29 agi = 1.9 AP can't be true.

So what I really want to know... is 1crit = 23 AP more accurate or is 1agi = 1.9 AP more accurate?
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Solmyr » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:21 am

Youfie wrote:
pomfittes wrote:Is bloodfang shoulders really worth to use as horde at all? for daggers/swords - you loose 1% hit and gain like 5-6 AP

Bloodfang shoulders are only worth something if you're aiming for the 8/8 bonus.
Which makes them worthless for Daggers Rogue who need ACLG (I mean the proc rate would need to be way to high for it to be better than ACLG I guess).

Which means for Swords Rogue, the 8/8 bonus must have a good-enough proc-rate to counterract :
- the fact that BF gloves are inferior to NS ones ;
- the fact that BF spaulders are inferior to NS ones ;
- the fact that BF boots are inferior to Shadowflame / Blooddrenched.

+ the fact that upgraded R10 Helm is better than T2 too if you can get the 2/6 40 AP bonus, say with the R10 Spaulders for instance.

So it all comes down to the proc-rate, altough it's quite probable that it will have something around 1-2 PPM (seems high already), or a fixed 1-5% I guess, we could run some simulations with those numbers and CTS / Maladath I guess.

Do not underestimate the potency of BF 8/8 bonus on fresh private servers :ugeek:
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aslan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:57 am

Is the procrate like early peenix?
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue