Pet damage problem in pvp or against moving targets

Pet damage problem in pvp or against moving targets

by worugru » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Hello people,
I have noticed that my pet generally has a problem hitting enemies in pvp. Normally it does crazy damage, but i have noticed when an enemy is moving, pet can not really move and attack at the same time. It moves and get in range, but stops moving to hit. Enemy gets further and and pet stops hitting, trys to get in range again.
It looks like pet attack has like 0,5 second cast time and can not move and attack at the same time.

Did anyone else notice?
worugru
Tester

Re: Pet damage problem in pvp or against moving targets

by Gazpy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:59 am

yeah, some of another nostaruse #fixes to pet, it did work a bit at the begining excluding that the pet moves at sub 100% movement speed (Why???)
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Petroix » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:23 am

Same problem even in pve.
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lynx- » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:29 am

My pet can't even catch up to taunt a mob when it's using dash 1 and the mob is slowed by concussive shot (also have to 30% ms bonus talent).
Lynx-
Private
Private

by konked » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:45 am

Atleast im not the only one experiencing this, i always let my pet get to the mob before i start attacking now because if i pull aggro it won't be able to growl or claw or anything unless both come to a stop.

Get's even worse at peak times, ill be starring at my focus sitting 100/100 which my pet does nothing with it... can be frustrating lol
konked
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Petroix » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:37 am

Right, leveling/fighting with Hunter is so annoying on Nostalrius now. Pet is almost completly useless till you wait before every fight for him to come and attack first and don't pull anything by yourself. Is this even reported on bugtracker?
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Payoff » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:50 pm

lol guys
there is no bug... this is related to the huge delay/lag on pvp realm
try at night and there is no problem anymore!

hunter pets are completely useless while european primetime. however, this is not just happening to pets its a general problem to interpolation of all npc
Payoff
Private
Private

by Blai » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Payoff wrote:lol guys
there is no bug... this is related to the huge delay/lag on pvp realm
try at night and there is no problem anymore!

hunter pets are completely useless while european primetime. however, this is not just happening to pets its a general problem to interpolation of all npc

There is no delay on the PvE realm and it happens there as well!
this issue is most likely NOT related to latency!
My pet has no problem reaching the moving target, but once it reaches it, the pet won't attack unless the mob stops moving. Makes kiting irrelevant since your pet won't hit the moving targets!
Blai
Tester

by Issir » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:04 pm

This is a bug indeed.
You may sacrifice one point to Bestial Swiftness in build 20\31\0 to make this issue less annoying.
Issir
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Hunter