Learning Dash

Learning Dash

by Oth » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:05 pm

So when I hit 32 I went to STV and tamed a tiger with dash. I'm now 34 and have been using this pet ever since, using his dash on every cooldown. I have yet to learn the ability. Bug or should I be patient? Other abilities took only a couple of clicks to learn. This one seems abnormally long.
Oth
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Learning Dash

by Oth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:40 am

Now level 35. Still no dash.
Oth
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Are you 100% certain that you tamed one of these:

Kurzen War Tiger (32-33, Stranglethorn Vale) * Dash 1
Stranglethorn Tiger (32-33, Stranglethorn Vale) * Dash 1

Because there are also Bloodscalp Tigers and Elder Stranglethorn Tigers in STV that do not have Dash. Just to try this out, I tamed a Ridge Stalker Patriarch (40-41, Badlands) * Dash 2, Prowl 2 to see if maybe pet skill learning had been broken by some other recent change but I learned both Dash and Prowl very quickly. Remember that your tiger doesn't actually have to move - feed him once and then just keep clicking the ability button on pet bar until you learn the skill. Should not take long. Double check your beast training list as well, in case you missed the learning announcement.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Oth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Yeah it was a lvl 32 Stranglethorn Tiger. The pet itself does have dash, which I have been clicking. I've done it with him moving, standing still, etc. I have checked my beast training and it has not shown up. I am tempted to just abandon him and try again but I always feel like I'm just one more click away from learning it :p
Oth
Grunt
Grunt

by Tamanous » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:33 am

I too had trouble training it. It finally trained after a ton of kills. I thought this perhaps would be the norm but today I trained the next rank and it trained nearly instantly in the very first fight. Those STV cats can't teach for crap.
Tamanous
Grunt
Grunt

by Oth » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:24 pm

I ended up giving up on that cat after probably 5 levels. I tamed a new one and learned dash on first use.
Oth
Grunt
Grunt

by JaggedOne » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:10 am

I'm having the same grief. I went to Desolace and trained a Bonepaw Hyena, which is supposed to know Dash Rank 1. One thing I did note after reading this thread is that, unlike the OP (Oth), my hyena does *not* have Dash. I have played with him for over 12 hrs now, he leveled from 31 to 33 and 2 ranks of affection, and still no Dash. I have no idea what else to do...is there any new info on this ?

Thanks in advance !!!
JaggedOne
Tester

Return to Hunter