DM East Farming Guide: Priest Edition

Re: DM East Farming Guide: Priest Edition

by EddieHunter » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:31 am

Nice guide thx a lot!
I got a question regarding instance reset.
Every time I /camp/resetinstances, it ports me not to DME door but to DMW one. So is that some bag or its supposed to like that?
EddieHunter
Tester

by Satanasa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:12 pm

@Eddiehunter
Ignore that part. Just /resetinstances, get naked, go train unarmed skill with a local death lasher and run back :lol:
Satanasa
Private
Private

by metrolol » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:53 am

I'm really glad you made this thread, because this is a topic I've been considering for quite some time now.
Specifically, using this as a way to get the last few levels while getting the gold I need to buy the healing items I'd want from the AH when I ding 60.

I'll discuss my logic here, and why I believe it sounds amazing on paper. As a point of reference, I am only level 50 at the time of writing though.
I intend to try this at 56, I have considered as low as 54, but am looking for feedback on that too.

First things First: Spec
So first up I plan on having a spec tailor-made for this. I notice in your video you appear to be in a proper healing spec, so I wonder how this will compare.

Here is what I plan to use: https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/pries ... 0000000000

Specifically, I plan to wait the 3 minutes on each pull for Inner Focus and Power Infusion to maximize my chances. If some how it doesn't seem necessary, then I'll adjust.
On top of PI, I'll have the extra spell damage talent, so I propose that this will ultimately cost me less casts of Holy Nova. How many is yet to be seen, but with that in mind (and the mana talent, do you have that in your spec?) I propose I'll need less than 5k mana. I CURRENTLY have 4k mana at level 50(without the talent!), so if things hold to form, I think this will be more than doable as soon as I get into the range.

Next Up: Survivability
The second thing I'm worried about is surviving of course. This is an issue for me on my 60 druid, but I think the kit and spec will support this much easier.
I will PW:S, wand and pull them back to corners. Spam Nova.
If I don't appear to be able to finish them with the final nova cast, I'm considering Physic Scream usage to finish the final few with wands. This is pretty risky though, and not sure how viable it will be.
Regardless, with the healing from Nova, the shield/Inner Fire on the pull, and careful points spent into Spirit Tap(still debating), Improved Inner Fire, and Blessed Recovery I feel I have way more survivabilty than my druid would even though hes 60.

Do you agree?

Finally: Aggro?
I have decided there is no way I can go in the door you do and make that jump, at least based on this theorycraft.
Instead, I'll take the conservative route and just take the four on the ground from the inner entrances.
At this point, I'm worried about aggro. I know exactly where I need to stand at 60, but I wonder what the differences are at 56 or even 54. I know mages do it at lower levels, so it must be possible to avoid the mobs.
Anyone have any experience?

I am shy to consider 54 as an option mostly because if it proves impossible, I'll have to spend a ton of gold on respecing back to shadow, then back to disp again at 56, try it again and potentially fail.

I am trying to talk to other leveling priests, but it seems like 99 percent of the people I do speak to have absolutely no clue you can even do this on any toon, let alone this situation specifically.

So what does everyone think, specifically the OP?
Anything I'm massively overlooking? I've never taken Power Infusion in Classic, it can be cast on yourself right?
metrolol
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ana » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:21 pm

PI can be cast on yourself, yes.
The spec is good. You will probably need 10 nova casts to kill the pack even with PI though (lower rank nova).

I would suggest visiting DME around lvl 54-55 without respeccing, just check it out to see if you can figure out how to move around freely without ass pulling anything dangerous. If you can set up safe positions for each lasher pack, then you're good to go. It should definitely be possible (mages do it at 52...)
Dropping off from the main entrance into the corner to the left seems like a good start.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by metrolol » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:28 am

That's a really good idea. I'll go there at 54 just to see what the aggro looks like. I'll calculate how much mana is needed for 10 casts as well.
Thanks for the tips!
metrolol
Sergeant
Sergeant

by metrolol » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:14 am

Well I'm excited to say that I was indeed able to do this easily.
I've taken the time to make a full guide for everyone else's benefit. Maybe you could add it to the original post as a reference for people leveling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR-rfNddB3s

Long story short, spec:
https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/pries ... 0000000000

Need to wait for PI and Inner Focus on every pull, but when they are up it feels like a near 100 percent condition.
Usually spamming 10-11 casts.
Have 6023 mana at level 55 (with a decent amount of boes from AH, but that's the best part about Nost!)

If you have any questions let me know, but otherwise I find it an amazing way to level and grind gold at the same time.
Its not as fast as I hoped because I am waiting a few minutes every pull, but that actually means you never have to drink so you save money there too!
Getting about a full bar per reset at 55.
metrolol
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ana » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Tbh waiting for cooldowns on every pull doesn't matter. If you're only clearing 4 packs, you can kill 20 packs total per hour before you hit instance reset limit. A pack per 3 minutes. Perfect, isn't it? :)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Colezz » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:47 pm

priests can pull the extra pack at the start with a good grenade throw
Colezz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by metrolol » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Ana wrote:Tbh waiting for cooldowns on every pull doesn't matter. If you're only clearing 4 packs, you can kill 20 packs total per hour before you hit instance reset limit. A pack per 3 minutes. Perfect, isn't it? :)

Ya, I actually didn't even consider that. Forgot all about the instance limit!
metrolol
Sergeant
Sergeant

by metrolol » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Colezz wrote:priests can pull the extra pack at the start with a good grenade throw

Pulling it isn't the issue, its surviving the jump down into the pack below after I kill it. Or am I mistake about how you intend to proceed?
metrolol
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Priest