Does +10% healing talent improve +healing which gear gives?

Does +10% healing talent improve +healing which gear gives?

by Wolfrig » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:12 pm

For example, I am casting Renew, which heals 970 health on max rank without any talents, with 10% bonus talents - 1067, and with 15% bonus-to-Renew talent as well, it's 1227.
So, with right healing talents and no gear, Renew heals for 1227 over 15 seconds.

Being a 15 sec over time spell with 5 ticks, it gets 100% healing from gear (20% each tick).

Now let's say I have 500 +healing from my gear. What I want to know is if that 500 +healing is also affected by 10% bonus from talents, and in Renew's situation, by the 15% bonus to Renew only. If it is, the 500 +healing gear would be improved to 632,5 +healing, after which the coefficient maths comes into play.

Basically, with 10% heal talent, a piece of gear which says it gives 50 increased healing would give you an overall 55 healing.

In short, reading some other guides, I was lead to believe that total healing from spells is something like this: (base heal from spell + heal from gear) * 1.1(from talents) AND *1.15(for Renew and Rejuvenation ONLY).

This obviously refers to every every healing spell there is in the game, the reason I used Renew as an example is because it has a 100% coefficient for easier maths, and 2 talents which increase it's healing by percentage, making it an even more detailed example.
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Does +10% healing talent improve +healing which gear giv

by Jeniwyn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:58 am

Spiritual Healing, the +10% healing talent, only affects the base heal and not the +healing from gear.

I was personally really surprised by this. I played all through vanilla and 14/15 Naxx as guild/class leader thinking that it affected the gear too. But, it doesn't. At least not on this server (I've tested it extensively), and it probably didn't in vanilla either. Nost is normally correct.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Does +10% healing talent improve +healing which gear giv

by Wolfrig » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Thank you for your swift reply, it is good to hear it from someone who has actual experience. It's kinda unfair, though, because mages and warlocks DO get bonus on their gear +dmg from their talents, at least for some spells.

I read a long guide where some lock claimed that talents increase dmg from gear for Shadow Bolt and Corruption, and another long guide where a mage says that the damage increasing talents are especially good because they increase not only the base dmg, but also the damage from gear.

The mage and warlock examples made me curious about the whole topic, but this also surprised me quite a lot; I simply cannot see the reason why damage casters would get their gear spellpower increase, and healing casters not.

But then again, there are thins way more odd in Vanilla than this :D .
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Priest