Efficient to level as shadow?

Efficient to level as shadow?

by azreal313 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Hey all,
I played a hunter in Vanilla so levelling a priest is new to me. Currently I've been doing PW:S->Mind Blast->SW:P->Wand till dead. This has been working well for me so far but I'm worried about the future, I've gone 5 points into Spirit Tap (God bless) and will probably go 5 points into wand damage and then start filling out my Shadow tree. I was wondering if I'm screwing myself by not levelling as Holy because people have said that Shadow isn't very good until 40+. I'd appreciate any tips you can give me and let me know if my strategy for talents while levelling is super inefficient. Thanks!
~Maeven~
I masturbate to the hate.
azreal313
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Efficient to level as shadow?

by Armilus » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:32 pm

azreal313 wrote:Hey all,
I played a hunter in Vanilla so levelling a priest is new to me. Currently I've been doing PW:S->Mind Blast->SW:P->Wand till dead. This has been working well for me so far but I'm worried about the future, I've gone 5 points into Spirit Tap (God bless) and will probably go 5 points into wand damage and then start filling out my Shadow tree. I was wondering if I'm screwing myself by not levelling as Holy because people have said that Shadow isn't very good until 40+. I'd appreciate any tips you can give me and let me know if my strategy for talents while levelling is super inefficient. Thanks!

If you were talking about leveling as pure shadow then ya, it's not very efficient because mind flay sucks until rank 3. If you put 5 points in wand spec and wand between mind blasts you will have 0 down time for drinking and kill stuff fast.

5/5 wand, rest into shadow is the best leveling spec until you hit 40. At that point you can respec to 0/0/31 for shadow form and put your next 5 points back into wand spec OR don't bother respecing and wait an extra 5 levels for shadow form (it's totally worth respecing).
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Efficient to level as shadow?

by azreal313 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:33 pm

Armilus wrote:
azreal313 wrote:Hey all,

If you were talking about leveling as pure shadow then ya, it's not very efficient because mind flay sucks until rank 3. If you put 5 points in wand spec and wand between mind blasts you will have 0 down time for drinking and kill stuff fast.

5/5 wand, rest into shadow is the best leveling spec until you hit 40. At that point you can respec to 0/0/31 for shadow form and put your next 5 points back into wand spec OR don't bother respecing and wait an extra 5 levels for shadow form (it's totally worth respecing).

The latter was the plan, thanks for the tips! That's what I was planning to do :)
~Maeven~
I masturbate to the hate.
azreal313
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Priest