Priest NR / heal set for AQ40

Re: Priest NR / heal set for AQ40

by varth » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:43 am

If we don't end up needing NR then i'll be a happy guy, but I'm going to have the gear on hand just in case. Could you guys go into some form of detail on why we wouldn't want NR for Visc?
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Haitharn » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:15 am

varth wrote:If we don't end up needing NR then i'll be a happy guy, but I'm going to have the gear on hand just in case. Could you guys go into some form of detail on why we wouldn't want NR for Visc?

You do need NR, people are just dumb.
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Trinat » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:38 am

Garfunkel wrote:
Trinat wrote:Sry but what? You don't need one single Point NR as Healer in AQ, for what?
Kri and Visc dmg is low

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18336&start=110#p258018

Garfunkel wrote:Now even if you take no damage at all from the dot (unlikely), and even if you shell out for a Greater NR potions, your first will at best protect you from the first three volleys. You will then get hit for 11,817 damage until the cooldown is off and you can chug another one. Even if you chug one before the fight and wait for the cd to wear off and then instantly chug a second one as the first one is lost, you would have to take 7,878 nature damage before the cd wears off again. And this isn't just the tank being spam healed, this is each and every raid member since the range is 100 yards.

So sure, if your raid is capable of healing 315,120 raid-wide damage in addition to what the tank is getting in the first two minutes and from then on is capable of healing 472,680 raid-wide damage for the second two minutes AND you trust that nobody will get damaged by the poison dot AND everybody will chug Greater NR potions at exactly right times AND gets the best possible result out of them, then sure, you don't need any NR gear.

OR - I guess you could be confident that your raid will kill Visc in less than two minutes before healers get overwhelmed. I would rather collect an NR set now, when you have ample time for it, and then not worry about wiping on Viscidus or skipping him, than bang my head against a wall.

Now Horde can rely on totems and the bugged shaman chain heal to carry them easier than Alliance, where priests have to carry most of the healing because druids and paladins will be busy cleansing, so maybe your viewpoint and prioritization is different.

But you do know that he doesn't do shit when he is frozen or split into baby blobs like someone already said? Even on Retail we didn't really use NR Gear for that fight, sure there were ppl who had some but nobody really farmed NR Gear for AQ (except Melee Soaker for Huhu)

I'm not even sure it woud make it easier since more NR = less DMG = more Split Phases = longer fight = more Mana/Heal ... Visci shoud be done after max 4 or 5 Splits during Progression ( if u still have World Buffs and a good geared Raid it shoud be less i think ) so u have enough Mana on Heals to easily Heal through ( + the NR Pot from 2 Minutes before Pull and then on CD if u so desire)...that fight is a cakewalk.
Trinat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Garfunkel » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:42 pm

I find it better to be prepared for the worst: if you don't need NR and Visc dies fast with just popping a NR potion, awesome but if your raid needs healers to be wearing NR, it's kinda too late to get it at that point. We'll see in a couple of months whether he is a cakewalk or not.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by varth » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Our priest core talked this over a bunch, and we are following the same route of just getting the NR anyways. We would rather be over prepared than be caught flatfooted.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Priest