Bugged Soul Link

Bugged Soul Link

by alostic » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Does anybody else notice that they are not getting the 3% increase in damage? I didnt see anything on the forums about so i thought I'd ask.
Onejuanwon - Gnomelock
CO-GM of <Suit Up>
"there is no spoon"
alostic
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Bugged Soul Link

by diogenes » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Are you sure it isn't working? Granted, I don't really have conclusive evidence that it isn't working, but due to the fact that spells and weapons and wands, when they do enough damage for the 3% to matter, have a rather large range of damage available. So testing for this will be quite a bit of work, because you're going to have to get the lowest possible value and the highest possible value.

To make matters worse, the values of damage don't seem to add up perfectly with the tooltips. For example, I can't get rank one shadowbolt to deal only 12 damage (with no spell damage gear) and I can get it to deal 17 damage (in both cases it seems to deal 1 damage more than the tooltip says every time).

I'm not trying to shut you down, my only point is, do you have a combat log that would provide reasonable evidence that the soul link damage buff isn't working? I'm very interested to know.
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by diogenes » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:57 pm

diogenes wrote:Are you sure it isn't working? Granted, I don't really have conclusive evidence that it is working, but due to the fact that spells and weapons and wands, when they do enough damage for the 3% to matter, have a rather large range of damage available. So testing for this will be quite a bit of work, because you're going to have to get the lowest possible value and the highest possible value.

To make matters worse, the values of damage don't seem to add up perfectly with the tooltips. For example, I can't get rank one shadowbolt to deal only 12 damage (with no spell damage gear) and I can get it to deal 17 damage (in both cases it seems to deal 1 damage more than the tooltip says every time).

I'm not trying to shut you down, my only point is, do you have a combat log that would provide reasonable evidence that the soul link damage buff isn't working? I'm very interested to know.
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Guybrush » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:40 pm

diogenes wrote:Are you sure it isn't working? Granted, I don't really have conclusive evidence that it isn't working, but due to the fact that spells and weapons and wands, when they do enough damage for the 3% to matter, have a rather large range of damage available. So testing for this will be quite a bit of work, because you're going to have to get the lowest possible value and the highest possible value.

Just test with drain life. Static damage.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by alostic » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:35 pm

it was more of the fact that when i activated soul link the damage didnt update my tool tip damage range it was the same with or without it on but when you have sac or master summoner buff it updates it
Onejuanwon - Gnomelock
CO-GM of <Suit Up>
"there is no spoon"
alostic
Grunt
Grunt

by alostic » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:39 pm

did what you said and tested with drain life. with no soul link hit for 98 with SL active was hitting for 100 so even though the tool tips dont update this does in fact appear to be working. thanks for the testing idea though
Onejuanwon - Gnomelock
CO-GM of <Suit Up>
"there is no spoon"
alostic
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:52 am

alostic wrote:did what you said and tested with drain life. with no soul link hit for 98 with SL active was hitting for 100 so even though the tool tips dont update this does in fact appear to be working. thanks for the testing idea though

Most tooltips don't update in Vanilla, at least no buff tooltips.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by diogenes » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:49 am

alostic wrote:did what you said and tested with drain life. with no soul link hit for 98 with SL active was hitting for 100 so even though the tool tips dont update this does in fact appear to be working. thanks for the testing idea though

Actually, I was thinking about this, and I decided to test it with death coil. Without soul link (and no spell damage) I hit for 390. With SL I hit for 401. So my test seems to correspond almost exactly with yours (although I would expect it to round up to 402 since 3% increase would make it 401.7 but who's going to complain about 1 damage?).
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by alostic » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Youfie wrote:

I was just saying because the tool tip updates if you have a demonic sac buff or master demo buff.
Onejuanwon - Gnomelock
CO-GM of <Suit Up>
"there is no spoon"
alostic
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:13 pm

alostic wrote:
Youfie wrote:

I was just saying because the tool tip updates if you have a demonic sac buff or master demo buff.

Oh, well then, good to know indeed :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Warlock