Warlock Gear List (Updated for 1.8)

Re: Warlock Gear List (Updated for Shadow / Nature Resist)

by Guybrush » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:01 am

Cousy wrote:Mark of the wild resist doesn't stack with priest / paladin resist - or at least it shouldn't.

Damn just tested it, it does not. Removed from the list.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Codeine » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:00 pm

Any updates to the spreadsheet to include 1.7 items with the current items on the one page?
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:40 pm

Codeine wrote:Any updates to the spreadsheet to include 1.7 items with the current items on the one page?

Just updated it. Added all the ZG crap, WSG legs and updated Orb of the Darkmoon. We'll see on sunday if anything else changes.
Removed the old pvp sets and some of the worst pieces that were just cluttering the list.

Some side notes:

Added math for the Zandalar set, so if you have 3 pieces your corruption gets a 2% boost.

Forced Concentration + Dark Dominion rings are still BiS, slightly better than the Zanzil rings with the set bonus.

Removed Lunar Wand of 23 shadow from the list, there are 0 on realmplayers so its most likely bugged.
Made a bug report here: http://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3065

Set the talents as SM / Ruin and enabled corruption, so if you're staying as DS make sure to change them back. With corruption on the rotation the hit and crit value are now slightly lower (12 crit 14 hit).

Since corruption usually ends halfway through another cast we can't really get 100% uptime on it, don't have a way to calculate this so I added a new green field "DoT Uptime". If anyone has a better idea let me know.

Due to the nature of the burst trinkets I set them aside from the other trinkets, their values are wildly dependent on the fight duration. For example right now the duration is at 90 so every trinket gets 1 use, if we change the duration to 120 ToEP can now get 2 uses so its value jumps forward.
ZHC is ahead due to higher damage but I'd still consider ToEP to be better since the cooldown is lower, its very situational.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Warlock Gear List (Updated for ZG)

by Codeine » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:48 am

thanks man
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Numi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:02 am

Guybrush wrote:Set the talents as SM / Ruin and enabled corruption, so if you're staying as DS make sure to change them back. With corruption on the rotation the hit and crit value are now slightly lower (12 crit 14 hit).

Is there a mistake in the formula or why are you going SM? Looking at the sheet you'd do more damage as DS despite missing curse of agony talents, 15 DPS increase. (3%~).

Edit:
Spreadsheets are hard at 6 am, the DPS is about even, but any reduced uptime and you've lost all of the increase.

Also, regarding trinkets, is snapshotting a thing in vanilla? I assume so.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Guybrush » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:47 pm

Numi wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Set the talents as SM / Ruin and enabled corruption, so if you're staying as DS make sure to change them back. With corruption on the rotation the hit and crit value are now slightly lower (12 crit 14 hit).

Is there a mistake in the formula or why are you going SM? Looking at the sheet you'd do more damage as DS despite missing curse of agony talents, 15 DPS increase. (3%~).

Edit:
Spreadsheets are hard at 6 am, the DPS is about even, but any reduced uptime and you've lost all of the increase.

Also, regarding trinkets, is snapshotting a thing in vanilla? I assume so.

Also with SM / Ruin you can dot multiple mobs for all the nightfall procs, the sheet is made for 1 mob.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cousy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:41 pm

SM/Ruin is better in MC, DS is better in BWL and scales better.

The reason is that there are additional Corruption targets in MC for nightfall fishing and BWL is only single target boss fights (outside of phase 1 nef but corrupting the adds is useless anyway)
Cousy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by narutomaster » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Someone tested how talisman of ephemeral power and ZHC work together ? I heard you can't use them at the same time but would it be good in a situation to have them both and alternate their use ?
narutomaster
Private
Private

by Botmaster5 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:49 pm

narutomaster wrote:Someone tested how talisman of ephemeral power and ZHC work together ? I heard you can't use them at the same time but would it be good in a situation to have them both and alternate their use ?

just with all 'activating' trinkets, they put all others on a 30sec CD
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Soulxlock » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:26 am

Is there any pre raid BiS list available for the PvE server? Thanks :)
Soulxlock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock