FAST SOUL SHARDS ?

FAST SOUL SHARDS ?

by HASHASH » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:24 am

hi guys
all days i farm soulshards in burning steppes, from little low hp imps, flamekin torchers, 1 min and i get 5 shards
but now i cant doin this, because when i drain soul from this boys, i get nothing...
anyone know why?
HASHASH
Private
Private

Re: FAST SOUL SHARDS ?

by Cwasm » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:08 pm

I decided to fly over to Burning Steppes and see if they still gave me shards, they do. I'm not sure why they wouldn't be giving you shards unless they hit the debuff limit or your Soul Drain buff got resisted. (Yeah it's dumb like that.)
Lantern - 60 Warlock <Ritual>
Cwasm
Grunt
Grunt

by Bioness » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:30 am

There are two kinds of imps there, I noticed that I could gets shards off of one kind and not the other. The lower level ones (near the orges) you can still get shards from.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Raaar » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:58 pm

I like to queue for AV and go to the middle field and farm up like 20 in 2 min, can get bad games though where the trolls have already taken over mid.
Raaar
Tester

by Sethzer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:56 am

Bioness wrote:There are two kinds of imps there, I noticed that I could gets shards off of one kind and not the other. The lower level ones (near the orges) you can still get shards from.

Correct. Guess they made the higher level imps unable to gain any exp from (since aoe farming them all over is actually good leveling speed).

The lower level imp packs have 3 spots: 1) At the border between Redridge and Burning Steppes, 2) Southwest edge of Dreadmaul Rock, where the cave icon is, and 3) On top of Dreadmaul Rock

More exact locations and coords here: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=9776

I'd recommend AV atleast as long as they have it in the oldschool state with NPCs and mines by going to Field of Strike and spam Drain Soul on any nearby NPCs for fast shards. Just be careful if your side is winning the NPC fights or if others are there too.
Sethzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by draxyl07 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:28 pm

The absolute best place to get Soul Shards is in the western end of Duskwood inside the houses at Raven Hill. Put Detect Invisibility on yourself and you will see ghosts inside the houses. Very easy to kill and no one else will be stealing them from you, because they cant see them.

This has always been my favorite little Warlock secret.

draxyl07
Tester

Return to Warlock