Only 1x Corruption per target?

Only 1x Corruption per target?

by arkza » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:59 am

Hi there,
Right from the start: Please excuse my poor English, I am not a native speaker.
Yesterday I ran RFC on my WL and in the group was another WL. We noticed about halfway through, that we only ever had one Corruption on each target active. We tested it, and whenever one of us cast his Corruption the active one was overwritten.
I thought maybe it is just a visual bug that made the damage numbers disappear, but when I started with Corruption and then he cast his, the damage even disappeared from the combat log.
I know about curses (only one per WL), but if this is not a bug: I played loads of WL in TBC and WotLK and never really noticed this; is only one Corruption per target possible in Vanilla?

PS: On my Warrior I noticed something similar happening with the Rend debuff.
arkza
Tester

Re: Only 1x Corruption per target?

by Xentro » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:43 am

Hey there,

You should be able to cast one corruption per warlock on each target (so if you have 2 warlocks you should be able to put 2 corruptions on each target). This said, please keep in mind that there currently is a debuff slot limit of 8 this means that on any enemy there can only be 8 debuffs at any time. So if you already have agony and then maybe taunt and thunderclap and whatnot it's not hard to imagine that one corruption could get kicked off by another one. Was this the case? If there were fewer than 8 debuffs on the target and your corruption overrides his or vice versa that would be a bug but I don't think that was the case. I have ran many dungeons with multiple locks before where we could put up multiple corruptions on targets.

Have a nice day!
Laure Human Warlock - Alliance
Xentro
Private
Private

by Wosser » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:59 am

I think there were problems on other servers with 2 warlocks casting different ranks of corruption or immolate on a target. Did you both use the same rank?
Wosser
Grunt
Grunt

by arkza » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:11 am

Hey and thanks for the replies.
I don't think we reached the debuff-cap of 8 with a healing Shaman, a Warrior (did not use Thunderclap and lvl was too low for DemoShout) and two Warlocks.
But it might 've been the spell-rank issue since I do not know if the other Warlock used another rank of Corruption. Also today I ran around with another Warlock that was the same level like me, doing some quests and there everything was fine. So that might point to the spell-ranks being different.
arkza
Tester

by Numi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:07 pm

arkza wrote:So that might point to the spell-ranks being different.

Most likely yes, I remember this being a thing when I ran dungeons with a warlock earlier on, but I haven't run dungeons with a non 60 warlock in ages so can't confirm if it's a thing anymore.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Warlock