Alliance PvP as Lock

Re: Alliance PvP as Lock

by Darkwinjax » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:28 pm

ITT : people with 0 clue how to PvP and -100 clue on how to warlock

SM / ruin is ONLY legit warlock build, conflag specs are fun if you are into solo pvp or pugging but terrible in prem vs prem, SL / Whatever is useless since you don't get ruin on either of the specs, and opting for shadowburn will leave you with melee range Fear + Dots, going for SL / nightfall leaves you without shadowburn and 3 sec Sbolt + 2 sec immolate.

Stop posting retarded shit if u are shit at pvp and have no idea what you are talking about, just spreads misinformation and makes our class look like it's played by retards.

troll mage is bad compared to UD mage? Stop relying so much on racials, I can tell you mindgem + berserk == or >> WotF

Level engineering to 300
Get consumables (FAPS / LIPS / SWIFTNESS)
Spec SM / Ruin
L2P

And this finishes the "Alliance / Horde PvP as Lock".
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by newtee2 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:04 pm

Darkwinjax wrote:ITT : people with 0 clue how to PvP and -100 clue on how to warlock

SM / ruin is ONLY legit warlock build, conflag specs are fun if you are into solo pvp or pugging but terrible in prem vs prem, SL / Whatever is useless since you don't get ruin on either of the specs, and opting for shadowburn will leave you with melee range Fear + Dots, going for SL / nightfall leaves you without shadowburn and 3 sec Sbolt + 2 sec immolate.

Stop posting retarded shit if u are shit at pvp and have no idea what you are talking about, just spreads misinformation and makes our class look like it's played by retards.

troll mage is bad compared to UD mage? Stop relying so much on racials, I can tell you mindgem + berserk == or >> WotF

Level engineering to 300
Spec SM / Ruin
L2P

Everyone knows sm ruin is the meta. Nobody is arguing against this, so please save us from your cheap insults and actually contribute to the topic at hand. The subject matter pertains to alliance warlocks, with members arguing that alternative specs could prove to be desirable given our current situation. This is in the spectrum of general pvp and not specifically high end which many warlocks will not see for a number of reasons (many reasons for not achieving high end pvp other than lack of skill and or lack of capacity). Of course smruin is favorable under these conditions.

While I have yet to try sl due to a lack of high sp, I see it as an alternative spec for alliance warlocks due to the fact that we cannot fear rogues (over half of horde rogues are ud). They have wotf and trinket so you will not be able to get them off of you without seeking outside items (netomatic, nades, etc). The extra effective hitpoints from sl and even voidwalker md will go a long way for these fights. However you're gimped in many other ways as you just stated.
newtee2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Darkwinjax » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:23 pm

newtee2 wrote:
Darkwinjax wrote:ITT : people with 0 clue how to PvP and -100 clue on how to warlock

Level engineering to 300
Spec SM / Ruin
L2P

Everyone knows sm ruin is the meta. Nobody is arguing against this, so please save us from your cheap insults and actually contribute to the topic at hand. The subject matter pertains to alliance warlocks, with members arguing that alternative specs could prove to be desirable given our current situation. This is in the spectrum of general pvp and not specifically high end which many warlocks will not see for a number of reasons (many reasons for not achieving high end pvp other than lack of skill and or lack of capacity). Of course smruin is favorable under these conditions.

While I have yet to try sl due to a lack of high sp, I see it as an alternative spec for alliance warlocks due to the fact that we cannot fear rogues (over half of horde rogues are ud). They have wotf and trinket so you will not be able to get them off of you without seeking outside items (netomatic, nades, etc). The extra effective hitpoints from sl and even voidwalker md will go a long way for these fights. However you're gimped in many other ways as you just stated.

Okay, so why would you play a spec that makes you bad, limits your full potencial and what you bring to the team and just generally gets weaker and weaker (The meta already favours SM / Ruin and it will continue to do so, by the time t2.5 becomes available, 5k+ hp with SM / ruin is achievable for high end geared warlock - You may already do this with r13 gear btw) the more broken our gear gets the more SM / ruin will outshine other specs due to flat 10% Shadowdmg (Not even counting insane utility tools like Exaustion), going SL you ALWAYS must sacrifice something (RUIN is sacrificed in both variations, Shadowburn + Bane in SL/NF variation and Grim Reach + NF in the SL/SB variation).

The game is not 1v1s vs warriors and rogues, I repeat, there is ABSOLUTLY no reason to run with any other pet other than Felhunter in BGs, or even World PvP, NOONE will have a voidwalker out unless you know you are facing a warrior / rogue in a 1v1 scenario.

Stop playing shit specs that limit your potencial as a player and start mastering the class.
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by squishums » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:16 am

Level engineering to 300
Spec SM / Ruin
L2P

It doesnt really make sense that you put so much value on spec....regardless of extra factors, but then turn around and belittle the idea of putting value on race.....and list a bunch of....extra factors. Why not just put *some* value on everything, including race, spec, faction, engineering, alchemy, etc etc etc etc????

There are definitely times when berserking is better than wotf, but there are also times when wotf is better than berserking. It is up to the individual to decide which they want, but you can identify trends that affect the comparison. For example (looking at troll vs UD in general): berserking is more of a gamechanger for spellcasters than for melee.

Similarly, there ARE times when SL or conflag are better than SM/ruin, as well as times when SM/ruin is better than other specs. It is up to the individual to decide. Obviously the majority of individuals have decided they prefer SM/ruin. But, I think its worth thinking about, that SM/ruin works best with heavy CC. If an alliance warlock was on the fence already (because he likes tanking rogues, or he thinks conflag is super fun), maybe its worth considering that half of all warlocks have more reliable CC than him, so half of all warlocks have more reason to be SM/ruin than him. The meta will be slightly skewed for him.

Also, regarding scaling, SM is not the only +% warlock talent. There are plenty of talents both in demo and deep-destro that scale nicely. Again, SM/ruin isnt shit, I just think you might be a bit blinded by the meta.
squishums
Private
Private

by sownu » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:09 am

Level engineering to 300
Spec SM / Ruin
L2P

sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Warlock