3/8 t1 and imp drain life...

3/8 t1 and imp drain life...

by Cody121 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:23 pm

So my question is this, with the imp drain life talent, does it stack with the 3/8 t1 set bonus? And if so, how does it calculate?

Drain life + imp drain life + set bonus?
Or
Drain life + set bonus + imp drain life?

As on, does the talent improve drain life and with the set bonus improves the already improved DL?

So to put it easy, if DL does 100 life/tick, imp DL would do 106. Now does the set bonus work off of the 106 or the 100? And if it works the other way as on DL does 100 life/tick, set makes it 115 and the imp DL works off the 115?

In other words, I am trying to maximize the amount of health that DL gives for pvp. Couple with siphon life makes it difficult to die while draining.

If any experienced warlocks would life to weigh in, what is the maximum amount of life you are able to get per tick.
Cody121
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: 3/8 t1 and imp drain life...

by Youfie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Your question is : are the bonus additive or multiplicative :). The 'order' in which the bonus are added doesn't matter : A + B = B + A, and A*B = B*A :).

Regarding the answer, I don't play warlock, but overall Blizzard seems to like additive percentages, this is how most spells and talents (not all though) behave : additively. In Blizzard's maths, 15% + 10% = 25%.

You'll see how it works here (not to mention there is also the script that might be different from retail for this particular matter), but that'd be my guess.

Regards,

Youfie
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by newtee2 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Havent tried it due to respec costs but t1 binus is working so there's that.

But is it really worth it considering what you give up for using felheart? It's a low spellpower set.
newtee2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sownu » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:08 pm

But is it really worth it considering what you give up for using felheart? It's a low spellpower set.

PvP
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by newtee2 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:43 am

sownu wrote:

PvP

What's the point? Drain effects are negated by mortal strike and you ought to be better off with using high sp gear over 3/8 t1 which cripples your pvp dmg output. I only drain when there is a melee on me and there is nothing else I can do because they keep running through me.
newtee2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sownu » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:03 am

newtee2 wrote:
sownu wrote:

PvP

What's the point? Drain effects are negated by mortal strike and you ought to be better off with using high sp gear over 3/8 t1 which cripples your pvp dmg output. I only drain when there is a melee on me and there is nothing else I can do because they keep running through me.

Im not saying to use it just because of drain, but felheart has a lot of stamina and some resist, at a little sp loss cost compared to alternative blue pvp or instance gear.

You surely see how stamina/int and resists are useful at pvp especially as lock :lol:

Drain bonus while not super OP is still sometimes usefull. Using 3pc and some sp gear i can heal up 750 or more health in one full drain.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Numi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:05 pm

newtee2 wrote:cripples your pvp dmg output.

In PvP you shouldn't play your warlock as a damage dealer (assuming you play for the win, not just lolling around), so you'd definetly want to wear a set such as felheart, with high armor and health, to go with a SL spec making you tankier than a tank and means you can CC half a BG before they can kill you, at which point your team has already 3 capped.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Warlock