Alliance solo WPVP, waste of time and nerves?

Alliance solo WPVP, waste of time and nerves?

by NikeTheSword » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:13 am

I read the other threads about race choices but it seems that Alliance's only saving grace is group pvp which I'm not into. I'm drawn to warlocks and only want to play on alliance side but would it be unplayable to roll alliance warlock for solo pvp? Has anyone had success with re-fearing after wotf and wanding the tremors?

Worth it? Thanks.
NikeTheSword
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Alliance solo WPVP, waste of time and nerves?

by Nikoru » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:12 am

As you can't rely on any of the available crowd control effects the class offers when you're playing alliance you just need good enough gear to deal enough damage to make it satisfyingly viable.

I was SM speced the last 2 days and ganked in searing gorge with 588 spelldmg. My dots alone killed people and wiped a ton of worldbuffs.

It is definitely harder for you as alliance but rolling alliance lock gives you either escape artist or that human invis detection which both help a lot against certain classes.
你好,我叫库鲁
60级术士
#1 DPS服务器
Nikoru
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sownu » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Its not unplayable but it sucks. 1v1 and killing undergeared people is easy but there will be many moments where you go "if not for wotf i would have killed them"

How do you imagine doing 1v2, 1v3 when 90% of horde is undead.

If solo wpvp is your thing, definitely go horde.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Roophies » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:53 pm

It is definitely harder as alliance but it's quite easy to bait wotf if you play with a succubus 90% will wotf the seduce and from there on its smooth sailing usually. Playing w/o felhunter vs certain classes is very scary but for me personally succubus and gear will make it a tad less stressful vs the scourge
Roophies
Grunt
Grunt

by pasur » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:53 am

you should not be spamming fear / seduce as alliance warlock.

the reason for rolling human warlock instead of horde warlock is because it's the best race for the spec sm / ruin, you can stack free action potions with the racial perception, while still being extremely tanky with 6k + hp.

using alliance warlock for any other spec than sm / ruin for pvp is just silly, and you are better off re-rolling if you want to spam fear or seduce.
pasur
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lifealert » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:30 pm

pasur wrote:the reason for rolling human warlock instead of horde warlock is because it's the best race for the spec sm / ruin, you can stack free action potions

What? lol
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Darkwinjax » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Lifealert wrote:
pasur wrote:the reason for rolling human warlock instead of horde warlock is because it's the best race for the spec sm / ruin, you can stack free action potions

What? lol

he's a fking mongolian don't bother, thinks perception is better than escape artist and that wotf + udpassive shadow resist or 25% stun resist.

a true downer
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aethelwulf » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:46 pm

NikeTheSword wrote:I read the other threads about race choices but it seems that Alliance's only saving grace is group pvp which I'm not into. I'm drawn to warlocks and only want to play on alliance side but would it be unplayable to roll alliance warlock for solo pvp? Has anyone had success with re-fearing after wotf and wanding the tremors?

Worth it? Thanks.

No. Solo world pvp as alliance is the single most suicidal way to do warlock PvP. You are basically playing a shitty mage who can't CC or run. And you will definitely get ganked by undead rogues. If you must do it, do "solo" PvP and group with rogues so you can play bait.

Roophies wrote:It is definitely harder as alliance but it's quite easy to bait wotf if you play with a succubus 90% will wotf the seduce and from there on its smooth sailing usually. Playing w/o felhunter vs certain classes is very scary but for me personally succubus and gear will make it a tad less stressful vs the scourge

...You do realize that fear and seduce are on the same diminishing returns timer ever since patch 1.4? Succubus is an excellent 1v1 PvP pet if you are on the Horde (very few classes can trinket out of seduce), but if you are Alliance that barely helps. I'd rather have a felhunter.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Roophies » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:49 am

Roophies wrote:It is definitely harder as alliance but it's quite easy to bait wotf if you play with a succubus 90% will wotf the seduce and from there on its smooth sailing usually. Playing w/o felhunter vs certain classes is very scary but for me personally succubus and gear will make it a tad less stressful vs the scourge

...You do realize that fear and seduce are on the same diminishing returns timer ever since patch 1.4? Succubus is an excellent 1v1 PvP pet if you are on the Horde (very few classes can trinket out of seduce), but if you are Alliance that barely helps. I'd rather have a felhunter.[/quote]
Yeah I hate when you duel rogues and forget your felhunter, also what do you mean since 1.4 ofc I know it's 1.12.
Roophies
Grunt
Grunt

by Lifealert » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:48 pm

2v1 against 2 undeaders or an undead and a warrior is pretty much impossible unless you take advantage of engineering and items such as tidal charm and magic dust.

I mostly gank anyway. 1v1s are not impossible but can be challenging. Shamans, rogues, and warriors are extremely hard to beat if they get the opener. Add shadow reflector to the equation and you have almost an impossible situation.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Warlock