End-game enchants!?

End-game enchants!?

by enyad » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Hey fellow locks,

Just now starting to get my full pre-bis set and I was wondering what the best enchants were and to what armor pieces receive them. I ask because there doesn't seem to be a lot of information regarding enchants on this forum. Thanks!
enyad
Private
Private

Re: End-game enchants!?

by Lifealert » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Hoodoo Hex from ZG goes on bloodvine legs, and whatever helm you have that'll be used for pve (r10 helm for example)

Everything else should be self explanatory: int on bracers, +4 stats on bloodvine chest, minor speed increase on feet, ZG chant on shoulders etc.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Numi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:16 am

Lifealert wrote:minor speed increase on feet

I actually prefer stamina on boots, even if it's a minimal difference there's no fight where you're ever moving without having something else to do (tap / soulburn), meaning that the 7 stamina gives you just that little extra boost in survivability over movement speed that doesn't contribute.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lifealert » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:36 am

Numi wrote:
Lifealert wrote:meaning that the 7 stamina gives you just that little extra boost in survivability over movement speed that doesn't contribute.

I argue movement speed contributes to survivability, if not more than 70 hp (80.5). Your opponents will have an advantage over you by being able to catch up if you are to flee or maintain a reasonable distance.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ibux » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Nice to have Mithril Spurs on boots aswell, or some extra boots to swap when racing to raid entrence, to wast all your shards on half the raid afk slacking in town. Helps to get away from all those ganking squads to, when you dont wanna lose that world buff.
ibux
Private
Private

by Numi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:08 pm

Lifealert wrote:I argue movement speed contributes to survivability, if not more than 70 hp (80.5). Your opponents will have an advantage over you by being able to catch up if you are to flee or maintain a reasonable distance.

Correct, I didn't read the post properly and just assumed it was about PvE, in which case there's nothing to run from, but re-reading it he didn't make that clear, so yes, you're correct, in PvP the movementspeed is absolutely mandatory compared to 7 stamina as it allows you to maintain distance when the rogue / warrior can't charge / sprint you, giving you many kills you wouldn't have had if you had been enchanted with stamina.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lifealert » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Numi wrote:Correct, I didn't read the post properly and just assumed it was about PvE, in which case there's nothing to run from

Rain of Fire
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 am

No boot enchant will ever compare to the usefulness of a permanent speed increase. Getting hit by something because you didn't move fast enough is going to hurt more than another 7STA would have helped.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by sownu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:17 am

meaning that the 7 stamina gives you just that little extra boost in survivability over movement speed that doesn't contribute.

If you ever have to move in boss fight, speed is little increase in DPS
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Numi » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:02 am

I know there's a DPS benefit from the movement speed bonus, but that is assuming you're moving, I can name a total of one fight right now where you ever have to move and that's the shitty third boss in MC or if you get RNG'd on Ragnaros.

The 7 stamina however is useful on a lot of fights, as it allows you a bigger buffer, which is much needed in pre-bis gear when you're getting one shot left and right by trash in MC or close to 1 shot by bosses.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Warlock