Soul Harvester

Re: Soul Harvester

by Botmaster5 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:17 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:Certainly you don't "need" the Abyss Shard, but it's hands down the most useful item in the long run. There are plenty of times (like whenever you're in town, and whenever you log in) that the Abyss Shard will let you generate that extra shard no problem and while it isn't necessary per se, getting the occasional extra soul shard does a lot to ameliorate the nuisance of "fuck, I need to go farm up some soul shards" that Warlocks face every so often.

You wrote that entire response so that you could utilize the word 'ameliorate' in a sentence. I tip my hat to you.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by slverbaur » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:56 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:Certainly you don't "need" the Abyss Shard, but it's hands down the most useful item in the long run. There are plenty of times (like whenever you're in town, and whenever you log in) that the Abyss Shard will let you generate that extra shard no problem and while it isn't necessary per se, getting the occasional extra soul shard does a lot to ameliorate the nuisance of "fuck, I need to go farm up some soul shards" that Warlocks face every so often.

It certainly doesn't ameliorate the nuisiance of that situation never happening.
slverbaur
Private
Private

by Aethelwulf » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:38 pm

I'm afraid the novelty of the word ameliorate wore off for me well over a decade prior. I'm glad you're impressed though. However, since we're making sport with this pedantry, I may as well point out, slverbaur, that your attempted riposte doesn't register your intended meaning grammatically. The intent of your mimicry is plainly a twofold jibe at my turn of phrase and an absurd scoff that none ever experience the need to farm soul shards. However the phrasing you employ - "the nuisiance of that situation never happening" - indicates that you are somehow aggrieved by this lack of soul shard farming, which runs counter to your purport of a dismissive rejoinder by way of discounting all consideration for such potential privation.

I hope you enjoyed that last paragraph. I know I did.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Warlock