Soul Harvester

Soul Harvester

by Elu » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:16 am

I read in the stickied topic that Soul Harvester is not yet available from the quest, but I'm guessing this hasn't been looked at since before the 1.8 patch that was released a few days ago, and as far as I know (and from what I've read), the weapon was added in 1.8 in retail.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know if this weapon is now a reward from the quest, or is it still not possible to get it?
Elu
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Soul Harvester

by Aethelwulf » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:35 am

Don't know.

About the Soul Harvester though, it is a nice staff for Warlocks and a cool-looking scythe, but strictly speaking the Abyss Shard is the better choice of quest reward because it gives you a free voidwalker summon (no mana or shard cost) on a 30 min cd. When you couple that with mechanics that refund soul shards for pets that get dismissed, like using flight paths or ordering your VW to stay while you run out of range, it's basically an item that gives you a free soul shard every 30 min. So the Abyss Shard is an item that doesn't stop being useful, while you will probably upgrade beyond the Soul Harvester.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lifealert » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:50 am

Is the quest available?

Definitely get the trinket. That's a nice flavor trinket like Black Book. Something you will only use for special occasions, but no substitute or alternative. A staff can always be replaced!
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ravni » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:30 am

The quest is available as of the green dragon patch; if you already did the prereq quest early on after server release (killing trees & slimes in felwood), you'll probably have to re-do it. That quest was reset for me, at least.

The staff is excellent for lvl-50, but having the option of a free soul shard every half hour from the convenience of town is pretty handy imo.
Ravni
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lifealert » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:58 am

Ravni wrote:The quest is available as of the green dragon patch; if you already did the prereq quest early on after server release (killing trees & slimes in felwood), you'll probably have to re-do it. That quest was reset for me, at least.

The staff is excellent for lvl-50, but having the option of a free soul shard every half hour from the convenience of town is pretty handy imo.

Is it instant cast?
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ravni » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:43 am

Nope, just the normal 10sec cast time. It would be pretty amazing if instant - would basically be fel dom + sac trinket if that was the case. It's just for lazy shards.
Ravni
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Wishyo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:26 am

Are people actually serious about this whole "Take the trinket" stuff?
I mean, who the fuck cares about *one* soulshard every half an hour. With a 30 second equip CD.

Like really? That seems just tedious to me man.
Wishyo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Wishyo wrote:Are people actually serious about this whole "Take the trinket" stuff?
I mean, who the fuck cares about *one* soulshard every half an hour. With a 30 second equip CD.

cant tell if srs or troll...

the uniqueness and use of the trinket's ability is unmatched by anything that will ever be put in the game, ever. sure it can be only 1 shard every 30mins, but that alone is worth it, especially if youre out of shards and you need to SS the tank.

Elu wrote:I read in the stickied topic that Soul Harvester is not yet available from the quest, but I'm guessing this hasn't been looked at since before the 1.8 patch that was released a few days ago, and as far as I know (and from what I've read), the weapon was added in 1.8 in retail.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know if this weapon is now a reward from the quest, or is it still not possible to get it?

updated
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Darkwinjax » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:40 pm

trinket is useless
weapon can last you til you get a decent MH + AV exalted or jindoo offhand and also sells for more gold

take weapon over trinket anyday.
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Wishyo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:01 pm

Botmaster5 wrote:
Wishyo wrote:Are people actually serious about this whole "Take the trinket" stuff?

cant tell if srs or troll...
the uniqueness and use of the trinket's ability is unmatched by anything that will ever be put in the game, ever. sure it can be only 1 shard every 30mins, but that alone is worth it, especially if youre out of shards and you need to SS the tank.

Srsly? I mean...1 Soulshard will never be anything. Never. Ever. Esp with 30 seconds until you can use it. And then cast for 10 seconds. And then let the pet reset for the soulshard. In that time you can get 2 shards.

Esp not one every 30 minutes. Just buy another soulbag and farm it full and put it into your bank.

If its in an instance that you run out of shards...Yeah that seems unlikely, since you can always get yourself one.

...I guess everybody has its own tastes, but you over rate that thing WAY to much my friend.

That staff on the other hand, yes it will be replaced in time, but it will make the time until then a lot more ...nice.
Wishyo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Warlock