Resto Druids?

Re: Resto Druids?

by Viorus » Sat May 02, 2015 1:21 am

Druids rule at PvE especially as Resto. No, another priest couldn't replace you.
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by armwvingtoobman » Sat May 02, 2015 8:19 am

Gazelle wrote:
BUT THAT'S BULLSHIT. play what you want, how you want it. maybe it's not THE most efficient way to spec or level or whatever, but you should be having fun doing what you're doing.

Yeeah. While I appreciate all the really helpful feedback, I did go ahead and make a druid before I even got any replies. The nostalgia feels are real, and I don't want to sour them with cynical min maxing unfunnery. On the other hand, I've been looking at vanilla specs, and man, they all look so weird to me. So many resto specs going deep in balance? I have a lot to learn :3
armwvingtoobman
Private
Private

by armwvingtoobman » Sat May 02, 2015 8:19 am

Robotron wrote:The most important consumabull a Horde Resto druid can get is Noggenfogger so their huge cow asses don't pull extra Surgers and Core Hounds in MC, and it will save us the pain of looking at more cows.

Tauren!? Don't be ridiculous!

(I'd never roll Horde)
armwvingtoobman
Private
Private

by Skogskvinnan » Sat May 02, 2015 8:39 am

Resto druids no good? Uh, I´m in top 3 in healing done in MC with resto :D
Skogskvinnan
Private
Private

by armwvingtoobman » Sat May 02, 2015 9:19 am

Skogskvinnan wrote:Resto druids no good? Uh, I´m in top 3 in healing done in MC with resto :D

Well I'm topping the charts on Githyiss
armwvingtoobman
Private
Private

by Viorus » Sat May 02, 2015 3:29 pm

armwvingtoobman wrote:[Yeeah. While I appreciate all the really helpful feedback, I did go ahead and make a druid before I even got any replies. The nostalgia feels are real, and I don't want to sour them with cynical min maxing unfunnery. On the other hand, I've been looking at vanilla specs, and man, they all look so weird to me. So many resto specs going deep in balance? I have a lot to learn :3

They go so far into balance for a talent called Moon glow that gives 9% mana reduction on a ton of druid spells (including resto). You'll heal for less than a full resto spec but you have more mana.

Resto is great if you enjoy PvE. If you enjoy PvP feral works well. If you enjoy wearing a big turkey costume, go balance.

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by riq and snog » Sat May 02, 2015 3:44 pm

The thing about druids u can not get bored, u can do everything and always welcome in a grp.
Highest mobility ever literally only fear can kill u
Stealth
Owldance
Hot ticking for 500-600 t2 +
combat rez
Inervate
Ezy gear up no competition
Pvp in stv with the song lion sleeps tonight
Thorns vs lvl 1 hogger raid
Farie fire to make rogues buttmad
Huge gameplay variety
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Bezawit » Sun May 03, 2015 11:00 am

Viorus wrote:
They go so far into balance for a talent called Moon glow that gives 9% mana reduction on a ton of druid spells (including resto). You'll heal for less than a full resto spec but you have more mana.

Since Resto Druids spam Healing Touch in raids, you don't actually heal for less by specing into Moonglow. The only talents you miss out on are imp. Rejuv, imp. Regrowth and Swiftmend- all of which are mediocre in a raid. You gain 9% mana reduction on your heals and Nature's Grace, which is great for raid healing.

The only time I like Swiftmend in a raid is if I am tank healing and that doesn't happen often.
Bezawit
Grunt
Grunt

by Viorus » Sat May 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Bezawit wrote:
Viorus wrote:

Since Resto Druids spam Healing Touch in raids, you don't actually heal for less by specing into Moonglow. The only talents you miss out on are imp. Rejuv, imp. Regrowth and Swiftmend- all of which are mediocre in a raid. You gain 9% mana reduction on your heals and Nature's Grace, which is great for raid healing.

The only time I like Swiftmend in a raid is if I am tank healing and that doesn't happen often.

Good point. However with 23 points in balance you cannot get 3/3 improved rejuv nor improved regrowth in addition to the loss of swiftmend. If you need to heal more than one target you're swiftmend / rejuv's / regrowth crits (2 second cast) can really come in handy. I can see the moonglow spec working really well if you're only using HT.

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by armwvingtoobman » Sun May 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Is resto healing in bg's a(useful) thing?
armwvingtoobman
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Druid