Feral?

Re: Feral?

by tunguska » Sun May 31, 2015 1:48 pm

The wolfshead helm currently does not work in cat form, only in bear, it's a bug. What Grayclaw was talking about is the energy regeneration "tick", and if you time your powershifting right you can get that "tick" to hit as soon as you shift. So, if wolfshead helm worked (+20 energy), and you have furor (+40 energy), and you time it right and you get an energy tick (+20 energy), you could powershift and have 80 energy instantly.

But, wolfshead is still broken :(.
tunguska
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Viorus » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Grayclaw wrote:I just started raiding as Feral for our guild recently, since we had a big influx of druids. While I still haven't perfected my rotation and power shifting, I've been pushing into top 10 in DPS on fights when I was strictly DPSing. I want to add that our guild has very strong DPS...Rag down to 20% before submerge. The versatility of the Druid is where I shine though...tanking adds on Garr, Sulfuron, and Domo...healing on Baron/Shazz (the old swiss army knife!).

My gear is pretty solid, but still need to farm a few more bis items for dpsing: http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... r=Grayclaw

Here is my build (biggest thing to note is 5/5 Feral Aggression for +15% dmg on FB since we can't use our bleeds atm): http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... 322215105n

I've proven to myself and my guild that a competent player driving a feral druid can do solid dps and bring great versatility to a raid.

I'm considering starting streaming to prove the feral druid haters wrong, b/c their opinions are clearly misinformed and/or based on experiences with bad players driving feral druids.

Good stuff!
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by FrustratedMoth » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:15 am

This is why I love the community here! There are those willing to try unorthodox specs and roles and do them well regardless of 'viability' and 'damage output'. Power to the ferals, moonkins, and retributors!
Fefeta - Tauren Hybrid Druid - PvP
Jadeharley - Forsaken Shadow Priestess - PvP
Thaejan - Dwarven Huntress - PvP
"Everything that is, sprang from what was."
FrustratedMoth
Grunt
Grunt

by tunguska » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Agreed! I don't understand how some people are so obsessed over min/maxing, just to clear content in this nearly 10 year old game. People should play what they want and have fun, I'm accepting of all specs in my groups (and raids), as long as the players know how to play their class and spec.
tunguska
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by fish » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:35 pm

I'm currently lvling a feral myself, aiming to tank 5mans in 60 and heal in raids. As far as MC/Ony goes, is it possible to play 0/30/21? I don't feel like respecing inbetween raids, but I much prefer tanking 5mans (especially seeing how this server, like any other, lacks tanks for 5mans) also farming as feral makes things easier.

However, when I hit 60 I'll play the standard feral spec to being with until I gain feral dps/tank and some healing pieces.

Thoughts?
fish
Sergeant
Sergeant

by tunguska » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:34 pm

0/30/21 is a perfectly viable healing spec. HOTW is a great healing talent as 20% extra mana is nothing to sneeze at.
tunguska
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Doofoos » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:34 am

fish wrote:As far as MC/Ony goes, is it possible to play 0/30/21? I don't feel like respecing inbetween raids, but I much prefer tanking 5mans (especially seeing how this server, like any other, lacks tanks for 5mans) also farming as feral makes things easier.

I've played in 1/29/21 since i reach 60, more than a month ago. Tanked all the 5 ppl dungeons easily, with all kind of groups (also tanked UBRS few times). Healing is not so fun and effective in that build, but at least i was able to heal MC\Ony a bit (5mans were hard to heal though).
Around a week ago i respecced to 1/19/31, and im still able to tank 5ppls (all Dire Mauls (+Tribute), full Scholo, Strat live were successfully tanked so far). I have small problems with threat (even with 5\5 feral instinct), and maximum hp (since i dont have hotw talent), but it doesn't affect quality of my tanking at all. Healing in that build, obviosly, is fun and effective for both 5 mans and raids. Also this build can be used for PvP and carrying flags.
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Awkwardlol » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:32 am

A good feral offtank would be in the ideal raid setup untill Naxxramas, it is by far more usefull than a warrior. Currently you can tank anything in the game without issue (Main Tank). However Ragnaros and Geddon may prove annoying due to having limited "good" Fire Resistance gear.

Either way, I personally have managed to push the DPS while tanking (single target) to a new limit. However, the dps will not scale as well as other classes as we go into the next tier of content. However, LOTP along with Innervate and a Combat Ress you will stay more viable than a Warrior offtank.

Here is a example of the DPS: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... 70&Fight=1

If anybody needs any advice on anything Feral related, feel free to poke me ingame, I'll be glad to help.
Awkwardlol
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gazpy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:39 am

you can actually shine by tanking some bosses in naxx aswell, and aswell hatefull strike tanking is not bad, but you 'll get that warrior tanking kit is just better.
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by venven » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:36 am

Hi fellow bears and cats,

Phoenix have been looking for a feral for quite a few weeks without success.
If you are horde and looking for a raiding slot as a feral, this is your chance:
http://phoenix-guilde.shivtr.com/

@Awkwardlol: do you often main tank? Although I know this is doable, it makes more sense to leave it to a war prot and to switch gear to dps - or was it some kind of experiment?
Rogue IG & IRL.
venven
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Druid