Resto Druids?

Resto Druids?

by armwvingtoobman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:01 am

Hello! I was hoping to get some peoples opinions on resto Druids. I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum - I'd considered the, well, Druid forum, but was worried I'd get biased answers from fans of the class.

I was pretty young/terrible during Vanilla, and therefore have no idea what I'm talking about. I've heard some pretty disheartening things about Druids, and even non-priest healing in general. Basically I just want to be useful for raiding. I don't mind if I have low healing throughput; as long as innervate and combat rezzing are very useful, if not dramatic, I'm cool. I don't want to feel like my guild would be better off if they traded me for another priest.
armwvingtoobman
Private
Private

Re: Resto Druids?

by holkan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:34 am

Innervate for priests and combat rez are great utility. Yeah you won't do as much healing but it makes up for it and healing druids seem to be in short supply.
holkan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Frnk » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:07 am

3 druids is something that a raid can't raid without. you won't top the list but you're up there with the others its not a big difference. anyway druid is the best at burst healing which priests or shamans cant do. game is full of fights where NS, regrowth, swiftmend inner and combat ress are must have.
Frnk
Private
Private

by Hammersplat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:23 am

druids are great, with lots of + healing gear if you rejuv everyone in the raid repeatedly you will top the healing :D (and the overhealing :P) The sound rejuv makes is great and swiftmend makes for a really fast heal. With not many druids around you can collect all the T1 and T2 fast. stealthing is always good on a pvp server.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by armwvingtoobman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:24 am

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. I went ahead and made a Druid anyway, since, if I'm gonna nostalgia trip, I might as well just do what I want. Good to know I won't just be padding out the numbers of a raid though.
armwvingtoobman
Private
Private

by armwvingtoobman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:25 am

Hammersplat wrote:stealthing is always good on a pvp server.

Yeah, good point, maybe I'll even be able to do a few quests in Felwood, aiming high =3
armwvingtoobman
Private
Private

by Zaft » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:04 pm

We need more druids at 60.
Zaft
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Eisseltron » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:11 pm

Zaft wrote:We need more druids at 60.

I'll be sixty soon...

... BUT FERAL.

Bwuahahahahaha!
Eisseltron
Private
Private

by Gazelle » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:49 pm

so, keep in mind too at 40-man raids roughly 10 of those people are going to be asleep under their desk, chasing ice-cream trucks, or otherwise being generally derpy during raids. I had forgotten what builds were best for resto-druids, and through some Googling found this huge discussion about the Healing Touch build [i.e., literally never touch Rejuv/Regrowth. just Healing Touch, all day e'rry.] and how it was, objectively, the best build in Vanilla.

BUT THAT'S BULLSHIT. play what you want, how you want it. maybe it's not THE most efficient way to spec or level or whatever, but you should be having fun doing what you're doing. as long as you're paying attention, and trying to put out heals, you'll be doing better than those 10 other raiders who dropped all their arrows on the floor or didn't get shit repaired before the raid.

<3 resto buddies.
Gazelle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:56 pm

The most important consumabull a Horde Resto druid can get is Noggenfogger so their huge cow asses don't pull extra Surgers and Core Hounds in MC, and it will save us the pain of looking at more cows.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

Next

Return to Druid