[BOOMKIN] Comprehensive BiS List (1.11/Naxx)

Re: [BOOMKIN] Comprehensive BiS List (1.11/Naxx)

by Keftenk » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:28 am

It appears that Taladril is also including the Moonkin findings to the master spreadsheet too. viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18336
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Taladril » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:59 am

Keftenk wrote:It appears that Taladril is also including the Moonkin findings to the master spreadsheet too. viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18336

It's a work in progress. However this list shows progression which I will not do.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Roadkill57 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:27 pm

What level mob did you get the hit numbers against, it seems like the value for spell hit is very low. I would also assume it had increased value against boss lvl mobs compared to trash.
Roadkill57
Private
Private

by Keftenk » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Uhh..I was using those Dredge Crushers in Silithus. So...what, 58? Aren't all the values going to be low if 1SP:1? So everything else is then reflective of that? I did bring this up..
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Roadkill57 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:31 pm

I think making the values relative are fine, but my point is you are going to need a lot more hit against higher lvl mobs. The hit cap for lvl 60 mobs is like 5-8% but for a boss lvl(63) mob it's 17%. So hit will be worth different amounts depending on the mob
Roadkill57
Private
Private

by Keftenk » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:53 pm

Spell Hit cap is 16% since there is always a 1% of getting a miss.
There is absolutely no need to go to 17%, but yes I did mention it here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36334#p256326

Keftenk wrote:The longer the fights the better Spell Hit becomes, but as Balance spec we want shorter fights.

I suppose I could test this on the level 63 Mobs directly inside MC, but that would take excruciatingly longer than what I did out in Silithus seeing as I'd have to run out after every cast.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lorilay » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:41 pm

The best way to test it would be to just use Recap on bosses in a raid.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Taladril » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:18 pm

The amount of hit needed for higher level bosses is definitely higher. But hit is needed to reduce resists even for lower than raid level bosses. Hit isn't magical in that it is especially potent for raid bosses. You just need more than you do for standard dungeon mobs. Because of that I don't expect that numbers will vary if tests were conducted at the raid level.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Yacopok » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Norjak wrote:
Taladril wrote:The good stuff for moonkin would be the cloth abyssal pieces.

Abyssal Cloth Pants of Sorcery should be on the list...

I don't see how those pants should be on the list in any circumstance. Bloodvine Leggings not only give you 1% hit and 37sp, but if you have the set bonus which is 2% crit, breaking it would only make you lose stats.
I'm out there, two steps ahead.
Yacopok
Private
Private

by Norjak » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:11 pm

Yacopok wrote:
Norjak wrote:
Taladril wrote:The good stuff for moonkin would be the cloth abyssal pieces.

Abyssal Cloth Pants of Sorcery should be on the list...

I don't see how those pants should be on the list in any circumstance. Bloodvine Leggings not only give you 1% hit and 37sp, but if you have the set bonus which is 2% crit, breaking it would only make you lose stats.

That is irrelevant - this is not an argument over what's best or optimal, it is a list of gear, ranked in order of effectiveness. There are players who might have some other leg armor at their disposal, and the list will tell them where the armor they have stacks up in relation to others...it is every players' decision what they want to wear, at the end of the day, regardless of your own feelings on the subject.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Druid